Born HR & Admin Manager at Plan International Nigeria
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Born HR & Admin Manager
Job Location: Bauchi, BA, NG
- To ensure effective and efficient coordination of human resources and administrative related activities towards implementation of the project, and to provide technical leadership in ensuring that all human resources and administrative processes are in line with policies of Plan International.
Dimension of Role:
- Implementation of project human resources and Administrative management processes, protocols and systems.
- Develop and implement administrative processes including internal controls for the project.
- Monthly and quarterly administrative reports in line with established compliance standards.
- Review of all administrative components of all financial transaction documents before project commitments and payments are made.
- Development and tracking of all project procurement plans in line with projects plans and budgets, ensuring procurement deadlines are met.
- Work with the project finance manager in the development of the monthly and quarterly cash forecasts for the project, including for partners.
- Set up and management of project administrative file documentation system in the office, including supporting same for partners.
- Coordinate all HR related matters with support from the Country Office, including ensuring staff understanding and compliance of the staff and procurement manuals.
- Oversees Partner’s financial contract process as well as liquidations and reporting in line with donor compliance standards, before further fund advancements.
- Lead on the submission of timesheets for approval and forwarding to the Country office.
- Develop and implement a capacity building plan for staff and partners that includes but not limited to fire safety, office protocols, and procurement policies.
- Develop and update inventory data base monthly for all project assets including partner assets where applicable.
- Maintain good working relationship with vendors and consultants.
- Fulfil Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse.
Qualifications and Experience
- A B.Sc Degree in Human Resource Management/Business Administration/ Social Sciences or other related courses.
- Any relevant professional certification and a Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ practical work experience in managing HR and Office Administration in a similar organization
- Experience in Procurement and supply chain management
- Experience working with funded partners
- Experience in capacity building (staff and partner organization)