Case Management Officer Job at Restoration of Hope Initiative
Restoration of Hope Initiative (ROHI) - Since the insurgency began in 2009, many lives were lost and properties worth billions of Naira destroyed. There has been a lot of migration of people from one location to another location which is considered relatively peaceful, as a result many are displaced and homeless and many international organizations are bringing relief services in the areas of Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Food Security and Livelihood (FSL), Education, Health and other sectors as listed out in the Humanitarian Response Plan. Some of the local Government Areas (LGA) are relatively peaceful and there is a high population density with men and women who are suffering from poverty, and children who are vulnerable to illiteracy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Case Management Officer
Job Locations: Adamawa , Borno
- This position is responsible for ensuring proper and quality implementation of the Case management component of the Child protection programme.
- S/he will need to co-ordinate with other Emergency Response team members and ROHI staff, especially Implementation education and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response.
- S/he will need to ensure response to immediate child protection issues with simultaneous consideration of longer term needs and possible scenarios.
- Depending on the situation the officer may need to take a very active role in technical co-ordination, support and advocacy with the child protection sector and other stakeholders and technical agencies relevant to the sector.
- Facilitate all trainings on case management for case workers
- Collate and compile all work plans and share with ROHI weekly.
- Conduct referral and protection mapping (any other assessments)
- Lead the formation and initial training of foster parents
- Ensure meetings and activities hold monthly
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching of case workers on various topics.
- Maintain documentation and CPIMS systems at the community/LGA level: under the guidance of CPIMS Officer, Work with ROHI Program Manager/Finance Manager to ensure that all financial activities conducted in project locations are properly documented in line with Donor procedures and with ROHI policies.
- Ensure all cases are case managed with confidentiality clause adhered to
- Attend and participate in case conference meetings
- Routine supervision of the Child protection case workers.
- Ensure that case workers are trained on UASC and registration of the children
- Ensure the quality of the inter-agency case management tools
- Report general protection issues present in the camps to CP manager
- Participate in the CP assessment and analysis process
- In coordination with the CP team, support regular participatory activities with different groups of children to identify issues affecting children in camps and assists team to develop appropriate responses.
- Must adhere to the child safeguarding and protection policies and reporting standards.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports.
- Other tasks as requested by CP Manager.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree or equivalent in Social Work, Social Science, Development Studies or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- Between One (1) and Three (3) years of work experience in Protection work, supervision, community mobilization and distributions and solid understanding of the actual Nigeria Emergency context.
- Proven ability to supervise a CP project with holistic approach and integrated to child protection right
- Speaking fluent English, and other languages of Northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Computer literate
- High level of personal integrity, commitment and professional responsibility
- Excellent communication skills,
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Mature personality with life experience is an advantage
- Able to be a self-started and work in challenging contexts and fragile environment.
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Project Assistant - Work in Progress Job at Oxfam
- Construction Project Manager
- IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Project Manager (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Operations Manager Job at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')
- Project Officer (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Project Accountant Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Senior Project Manager Job at Arit of Africa Limited
- Operations Manager Job at Boardroom Apartments Limited