Chef Job at Brooks Advisory Services Limited
Brooks Advisory Services Limited - Our client is an international Preschool and Primary school that offers integrated, specially designed curriculum following the National Curriculum of England while taking into partnership our local environment using the Nigerian curriculum.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Chef
Job Location: Lagos
- The Chef will be responsible for preparing appetizing and nutritious meals according to standards and menus provided by the school, and also ensure the overall leadership and management of the school kitchenette.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure to constantly prepare appetizing and nutritious meals according to standards and menus provided by the school
- Ensure the appropriate quantities of food based on portion control standards
- Adhere to safety, security and sanitation procedures through direction provided by management
- Properly clean and disinfect the kitchen environment.
- Ensure that no one with signs of illness (including vomiting, diarrhea, open infectious skin sores), or who is known to be infected with bacteria or viruses that can be carried in food, is responsible for food handling
- Adherence to food restrictions by parents and guidance
- Ensure that any customization to the menu for children is done according to the school guidelines
- Properly inform parents of all ingredients in the menu for allergy and food intolerance reasons
- Maintain an inventory of items in the kitchen.
- Provide and track all purchases and track actual expenses against weekly budget
- For incidental purchases, shop for items in the most cost-effective manner to provide fresh fruits, vegetables and other foods.
Required Skills and Competencies
- 2-3 years’ experience as a chef in private school or college dining
- Minimum of HND in Food Science, Hospitality, Home Economics or any of its related field
- Hospitality Degree, Catering Management or Certifications preferred
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, cooking techniques and nutrition
- Excellent knowledge of cooking with ingredient limitations
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Must reside within Victoria Island axis of Lagos or should be willing to relocate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter with the title as “Chef” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Restaurant Manager Job at Aymie Staffing Solutions
- Chef Job at Prisdav Consulting
- Baking Trainee / Intern Recruitment at Darls Delicious
- Food Production Officer Job at Swift Consulting
- Baker Job at H-CUE Catering Services Nigeria Limited
- Kitchen Assistant Job at H-CUE Catering Services Nigeria Limited
- National Cook Job at H-CUE Catering Services Nigeria Limited
- Continental Cook Job at H-CUE Catering Services Nigeria Limited
- Female Chef Job at Aymie Staffing Solutions
- Chef / Cook Job at Assie Hotel and Suit Limited