CMR & Logistics Manager Job at British Council
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with - changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: CMR & Logistics Manager
Job Location: Abuja
Employment Type: Full-time
Pay Band - Pay band 6
Department - Exams
Contract Type - indefinite contract
- This role combines CMR (Confidential Material Room) and logistics functions of managing logistics and quality of all materials to run Test Day including uniforms, banners, scanners and equipment.
- The role is also responsible for ensuring timely scanning and submitting of exam papers to meet requirements for marking.
Main Opportunities / Challenges for this Role
- Drive right behaviors in the team toward greater awareness related to maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive exam-related materials
- Implement improvement actions in the distribution and logistics of handling confidential materials
Product Service Delivery:
- Oversees the functions of confidential materials handling and the Confidential Materials Room (CMR) to ensure British Council standards are met in set up and day to day operations.
- Plans and ensure sorting and packing of confidential exam materials for designated test venues.
- Leads the reconciliation of exam materials and papers received are as per plan, escalate any discrepancies.
- Plans for Test Day resources ordering, quality, distribution and management (e.g. process guides, stationery, branding/signage/ technical equipment – speaking test/hand scanners)
- Supports continuous improvement in efficiency / cost-effectiveness / quality of service delivery / systems in the team.
- Takes end-to-end accountability for researching and obtaining satisfactory and timely resolution of complex/escalated customer (internal or external) operational complaints and issues, coordinating input from other colleagues/departments/managers as required, to do so.
- Ensures the customer is kept informed throughout the process.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensures adherence to CMR standards and management as set forth and carry out frequent random checks to proactively prevent issues from arising.
- Provides support and reporting for audits and performance reviews.
- Follows agreed corporate risk management processes and procedures when delivering services (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the BC and its customers at all times.
Analysis & Reporting:
Using standard procedures and templates regularly records, analyses and reports on operational activity levels and performance data, to support senior managers in making timely and effective business decisions that respond to operational needs.
Commercial & Resource Management:
- Manage courier SLA/performance standards and builds a relationship with the courier service provider in the country, proactively seeking out and updating the courier panel so that the quality of services and cost elements are in accordance with standards.
- Oversees team coordination for transportation and security requirements for the test day. Ensures team raises POs for care hire needed on test day.
- Oversight of exam equipment inventory (i.e. CICO tablets). Ensure accurate records are maintained for exam equipment. Work closely with IT, Facilities and Procurement team.
- University Degree in any relevant field
- Significant years of experience in a similar role
Role-specific Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience working in an operations environment managing confidential materials
- Experience of leading on the delivery of computer-based exams
- Has the ability to build relationships with external stakeholders (i.e. exam boards)
- Working in a challenging environment operating against very tight deadlines
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Experience managing teams.
N10,989,828 gross per annum
- Cashier Job at Sojourner Hotels
- Logistics Sales Executive Job at OMOROY
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Restaurant Server / Waitress Job at TalentPool
- Station Cashier Job at Rainoil Limited
- Customer Success Representative Job at Moniepoint
- Customer Service & Sales Associate Job at Herbal Goodness
- Cashier Job at Tusen Consulting Limited
- Customer Experience Agent Job at Maersk Line
- Customer Experience Specialist Job at Reposebay Human Resource Limited