Company Secretary/Legal Adviser
An indigenous company with Head Office in Lagos State, is seeking to hire qualified, experienced, self-motivated, innovative and hardworking Professionals with willingness to work anywhere within Nigeria to fill the position below:
Job Position: Company Secretary/Legal Adviser (CS/LA)
Job Location: Nigeria
- Job Profile As a senior manager, the CS/LA wiU have the opportunity to make strategic and significant contributions across a range of areas including technical duties, advocacy, managerial and related administrative functions.
- Carry out effective and efficient advisory roles on legal matter by providing adequate communication and compliance with statutory provisions as well as the maintenance and custody of the company’s statutory books. -
- Provide effective management of legal and contractual risks.
- Act as a mediator between the company, its board of Directors, stakeholders, government and regulatory authorities, and guides on the strategic legal decisions of the company.
- Participate in the evaluation, strategic planning and priority setting processes of the organization.
- Administer all the roles and responsibilities as prescribed by section 296(l) of Companies and Allied Matter Act (CAMA) as well as carry out such administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Board of Directors of the company and MD/CE.
- Handle Legal documentation and information retrieval management, agreements: Including taking minutes.
- Use of world class standards of governance, business integrity, and environmental and social stewardship and reputational management.
Educational and Professional Qualification
- First Degree, LLB.
- LLM an added advantage.
- Professional qualification e g CICS or MBA
- 10+ years of cognate post qualification experience, with minimum of 5 years in senior/strategic management role (s).
- Have experience in Litigation, legal documentation and regulatory compliance.
- Candidate should possess excellent competencies in the following areas; Corporate Governance and Compliance Management, Legal Advisors Services; Communication, Negotiation and Writing skills.
- Demonstrate experience in legal analysis with the ability to quickly comprehend and analyze material to prioritize on focus and relevance areas.
- Demonstrate management skills with significant experience in a mid-to-senior level management position.
- Outstanding communication skills: spoken/representation and effective inter-personal skills with the proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships across diverse partnerships, colleagues and actors.
- Highly advanced computer literacy skills, and experience in handling social media.
- Extremely attentive to accuracy and detail, highly organized with ability to work well under pressure regarding deadlines, workload and unexpected developments.
- Ability, willingness and flexibility to travel and respond to a range of environments if the need arises.
- Able to work with and model integrity, openness and action to feedback and direction with required sound judgment.
- Working Knowledge of Agro Allied, FMCG, Manufacturing, Trading & Distribution, Oil & Gas and Insurance industries.
- Cognizance with the Nigerian Labour, Industrial and Employee Relations.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Personal Assistant to CEO and Admin Officer Job at Rovedana
- Personal Assistant Job at Achievers Consult
- Lawyer Job at a reputable company
- Personal Assistant Job at Rovedana
- Personal Assistant Job at Deangelo Limited
- PA/Legal Officer Job at Owens and Xley Consults
- Personal Assistant to the Executive Director/Managing Director Job at A reputable company
- Executive Assistant (Legal Background) Job at Sellafield Energy Resources Limited
- Office Assistant/Cleaner (Female) Job at First Choice Leasing Limited
- Secretary Job at Chelis Education Consult Limited