Cost Accountant Job at SUN METAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED
Sun Metal Industries was incorporated and registered in March 2008 to engage in the manufacture of ferrous metals for the domestic construction market in Nigeria and non-ferrous metal products like Aluminium, Copper and Lead for export.
Sun Metal Industries has grown to become the leading exporter in West Africa to countries such as Japan and Germany where global leaders in automobile manufacturing utilize our aluminium alloys. Sun Metal Industries received the prestigious NIS (Standards Organisation of Nigeria) Award and obtained ISO 9001:2000 certification from SANAS.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Cost Accountant
Job Location: Sango Ota, Ogun
- Prepare production profitability analysis in relation to cost of materials per production
- Maintaining standard costs of raw materials, packaging, machines and finished goods
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Managing expenditure budgets and provide variance analysis
- Stock reconciliations and co-ordination of stock takes (Physical inventory count) and cycle counts
- Analyzing the income statement and Statement of Financial Position to understand the main cost drivers of the business.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.
- Work with the company’s accountant for other finance and accounting functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance
- Minimum of 7 years relevant post-graduation experience 3 out of which must be in management level
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 3 or more years of related experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Solid cost systems background.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good written, verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Steel industry background is a plus
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Completed CIMA , ICAN or ACCA
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as the subject of the email.
- Tangerine Life Recruitment for a Digital Financial Sales Executive
- Nationwide Field & Tele Sales Agents Opening
- Nationwide Sale & Marketing Executives Openings
- Account Officer Job at Golden Beach Resort
- Cashier Job at NENnetworks Nigeria
- Warehouse Account Officer Job at Anthony Ayoade Associates
- Head of Internal Control Job at Blackcod Asset Management
- Finance and Admin Lead Job at Strongmas Automobile Limited
- Investment Executive Job at NENnetworks Nigeria
- Account Officer Job at Ascentech Services Limited