Credit Risk and Monitoring Officer Job at Transkredit Finance Limited
Transkredit Finance Limited was birthed to address a gap in financial inclusion, in line with the Maya Declaration; a global initiative for responsible and sustainable financial inclusion that aims to reduce poverty and ensure financial stability for the benefit of all. We have taken up a mandate to provide easy access to credit for every qualified adult and reputable organization in Nigeria and beyond; through the use of innovation and our array of products tailored to suit their needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Credit Risk and Monitoring Officer
Job Location: Wuse 2, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles / Responsibilities
- Provide detailed guidelines for monitoring and managing information on existing exposures as a basis for informed decision-making.
- Review customer files to ensure completeness of all due documentation and security documents before signing off for availment
- Keep track of borrowers’ compliance with credit terms subsequent to disbursement.
- Develop and implement an early warning system to identify and report signs of deterioration, irregularity and non-performance in credit facilities.
- Develop and implement a system for identifying loans due for repayment and informing the relevant business units for the purposes of following up with the customers.
- Monitor loan repayments.
- Track and produce credit information for all parties involved in the credit creation process to enable effective credit exposure and credit portfolio performance monitoring.
- Evaluate credit quality and performance of existing exposures and assign quality classification in line with organisation’s guidelines.
- Generate reports on credit exposure by risk grade; and
- Ensure that problem credits are subject to regular review and monitoring while progress reports on problem credits are submitted to senior management on a timely basis.
- Process credit applications and make recommendations, highlighting all risk issues pertinent to the credit decision
- Justify credit decisions, both verbally and in writing
- Give constructive feedback on the work produced by fellow Credit Risk Analysis team members
- Give initial feedback on prospective and existing customer requests to dealers and Account Relationship Managers.
- Ensure quick turnaround of credit requests and ensure the Credit Application Status Log is updated daily.
Compliance and Audit Readiness
Contribute to the Credit Risk Analysis team’s compliance and audit readiness by making sure that:
- All customer and internal correspondence are of the highest quality
- All files (including soft copy customer files), paperwork and systems are maintained in line with the organization’s requirements, formats and standards
- You enforce and maintain a clear desk policy and familiarise yourself with GDPR regulation
- Annual credit reviews and review date extension requests are prepared prior to expiry
- You achieve and maintain a comprehensive product and portfolio knowledge
- Credit and other relevant policies and procedures are always followed and adhered to
- You diligently handle and timely respond to regulatory and audit requests/queries
- Develop and maintain a sound 360-degree understanding of your client portfolio.
- Monitor the risk of client portfolios to ensure they stay within the agreed parameters of the Credit.
- Policy and the Risk Appetite Statement.
Skills & Abilities
- Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree in relevant fields.
- An ability to ‘think outside the box and look for creative solutions
- Strong attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Strong drive for continuous improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Strong presentation skills and an ability to report to and manage senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills; proven experience in communicating to senior leadership
- Must be able to demonstrate an interest in financial modeling.
- Excellent Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Experience of using Credit Risk Management systems/packages
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position as the subject of the mail.
- Administrative and Finance Associate Job at the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Account Officer Job at Logistics Haven International Limited
- Job Openings at Japhet Job Consultants
- Accountant Job at City Sports Group Limited
- Banking Account Officer Job at HRBP Limited
- Accountant Job at TippyToes KidCare Nursery and Daycare
- Accountant Job at City Sports Group Limited
- Unit Accountant Job at Sundry Foods
- Cashier Job at Sojourner Hotels
- Ongoing Recruitment at Lovekids