Driver , G3 Job at The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) is the part of the United Nations Secretariat responsible for bringing together humanitarian actors to ensure a coherent response to emergencies. OCHA also ensures there is a framework within which each actor can contribute to the overall response effort.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Driver - G3
Job ID: 30877
Job Locations: Abuja, Maiduguri - Borno, Damaturu - Yobe, and Yola - Adamawa
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - Logistics
Vacancy Type: FTA Local
Posting Type: Common System
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
OCHA's mission is to mobilize and coordinate effective and principled humanitarian action in partnership with national and international actors in order to:
- Alleviate human suffering in disasters and emergencies
- Advocate for the rights of people in need
- Promote preparedness and prevention
- Facilitate sustainable solutions.
- In December 1991, the General Assembly adopted Resolution 46/182 designed to strengthen the United Nation's response to both complex emergencies and natural disasters. In addition, it aimed at improving the overall effectiveness of the UN's humanitarian operations in the field.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the Administrative & Finance Analyst in Abuja & Maiduguri and direct supervisor, the Admin and Logistics Associate, the Drivers will provide reliable and safe driving services ensuring high accuracy of work.
- The Drivers will demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- The Drivers will provide driving services to the operations and programme staff in the Country Office (CO), Consultants and Experts and UN staff on mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of reliable and secure driving services
- Proper use of vehicle
- Day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle
- Availability of documents/ supplies
- Ensures provision of reliable and secure driving services by a) driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items and b) meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, visa and customs formalities arrangement when required.
- Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
- Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts.
- Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the accurate, safe and timely execution of the CO services.
- Demonstrates commitment to OCHA’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues
Leadership and Self-Management:
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Fluency in English, knowledge of Local language of the duty station is desired.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- Dispatcher Job at Medexia Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at AT & A Group
- Fleet & Logistics Manager Job at DRYVA Logistics
- Logistics Officer Job at Action Against Hunger
- Logistics Supervisor Job at Babban Gona
- Logistics Officer Job at Christian Aid
- Dispatch Rider Job at Invent Alliance Limited
- Fleet Manager Job at DRYVA Logistics
- Delivery Personnel Job at Destiny Media
- Dispatch Rider Job at Viliangel