Driver - IHP Nigeria Job at Palladium Group
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Driver - IHP Nigeria
Job Ref: req9777
Job Location: Bauchi
Duration: 5 years
Project Overview and Role
- The Driver is a full-time position to support the Nigeria Integrated Health Program staff in the safe transport of team members and deliveries.
- Under immediate supervision of the Logistics Assistant.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive vehicles as directed, including transporting staff to the field, performing pickups and delivery tasks; responsible for routine vehicle maintenance, including inspecting the vehicle; noting damage, scratches, malfunctions, or problems and reporting any faults to senior driver; and ensuring vehicles are clean, well maintained, and road worthy at all times
- Compile trip reports for drivers and weekly log sheets and enter into the fuel consumption report; process monthly fuel requests and consolidate fuel liquidations for office vehicles
- Ensure that self and all passengers are wearing seatbelts prior to departure, including those in the back seat
- Report any accidents involved while driving project vehicle to the police and appropriate authorities; ensure vehicle has all the required forms before starting a trip.
- Act as administrative assistant, when not driving.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
The Driver should:
- Have an Ordinary National Diploma (OND);
- Be able to communicate in English language;
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position within any reputable organization or within an international development project will be an added advantage;
- Understand the mechanics of vehicles as this will be advantageous;
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian road networks (with emphasis on Northern Nigeria)
- Have demonstrable knowledge of Nigerian driving codes and regulations
- Ability to drive and work long hours
- Familiar with the culture of the area.
- Familiar with the local terrain and routes and respond appropriately, in case of emergency.
- Knowledge and fluent understanding of Hausa language will be an added advantage
- Company Driver Job at Interra Networks
- Driver Job at A Holding company
- Executive Driver Job at ICS Outsourcing
- Driver Job at Sarabel Logistics and Security Services Limited
- Driver Job at Montaigne Place
- Driver Job at Invent Alliance Limited
- Driver Job at Alowiz Publishers Limited
- Marketer / Driver Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Driver Job at Pause Factory
- Driver Job at Aureole Consulting