Field Quality Engineering Manager Job at Zola Electric
Zola Electric Nigeria combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric Nigeria’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Field Quality Engineering Manager
Job Location: Lagos. Approximately 25% travel time required.
- The Field Quality Engineering manager will lead a team that works to make sure all Zola products meet customer and company quality requirements. He/she will be responsible for championing the Zola core values: Customer, People, Product, and Performance by guiding a team of Engineers and technicians in determining the overall product quality based on evaluation of detailed requirements, customer feedback, and test results.
- The job also involves both technical and people management skills. Technical functions involve designing and troubleshooting processes and products that explore future technologies & test existing products. The candidate will be responsible for guiding both the engineering and technical teams in proper design for testing and quality procedures.
- The Field Quality Engineering Manager will work with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Operations to address and improve: quality, reliability, and manufacture-ability issues. Work will require leadership of cross-functional teams.
- The ideal candidate will have great technical writing skills, people management skills and some experience in lean manufacturing methodology and/or Design for Excellence (DFx). Additional relevant skills are: data collection and analysis, renewable energy knowledge, and proficiency in English plus Swahili and/or French.
- Proven 3+ years experience leading a team in an engineering organization
- 5+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering in roles that included testing & troubleshooting complex hardware and software systems
- Experience with project and people management and proven ability to drive issues to closure and influence change
- Hands-on experience in prototyping, troubleshooting, and manufacturing support for embedded systems
- Proven data analysis and reporting skills using tools such as MS Excel, SQL & Looker
- Detail oriented candidate with strong recordkeeping, technical writing and organizational skills
- Experience working with renewable energy technologies (familiarity with AC/DC inverters a plus)
- Proficient with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, electronic loads, spectrum/network analyzers and other common lab instruments
- Ability to travel locally and overseas as necessary (about 25%+ travel may be necessary)
- Bachelors of science in Electrical, Electronics or Computer engineering.
- Take lead during new product field testing by setting up a sustainable system to run field testing and provide feedback to the Product Design Engineering team
- Use data analysis tools to track field failure rate and drive resolution through leveraging the cross functional team for in-market products
- Lead the team in providing training for in-market product repair and maintenance processes for debugging and repair of products
- Track and manage Quality Improvement projects to ensure consistent high product quality
- Lead the development of test plans in association with the Product Design Engineering team to validate design intent and product performance
- Train and manage a team of technicians to support field testing and provide workshop repair guidelines for products
- Provide guidance and manage contractors during projects that need to be outsourced
- Lead weekly meetings with different department heads and SMEs to discuss quality issues and utilize quality analysis tools to provide recommendations and drive consensus on product issue resolution
- Lead meetings with the Product Management team to discuss proposed changes to existing product line and determine proper qualification testing requirements to ensure successful product deployment
- Be the point of contact for the Business Commercial team to provide necessary technical support for potential supplier partners during product demonstrations and proof of concept testing.
Additional Relevant Experience:
- Experience in C, Python or other embedded system languages
- Experience with schematic and PCBA design tools such as OrCAD, Altium
- Experience using project management tools such as JIRA, git, Confluence
- Experience working with products through test and reliability standards such as IEC
- Working proficiency in English, Swahili and/or French
- Strategic Thinker
- Communication Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Breakthrough Thinking
- Operations Manager (Office 3650) Job at Tek Experts
- Technical Support Engineer at Tek Experts
- Controls and Instrumentation Engineer Job in an Oil and Gas Company
- Hospital Medical Representative Job at Dkt International
- Equity Products Manager Job at Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Territory Sales Manager Job at Berrytech International
- Customer Service Representative
- HSE Officer Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Sales Engineer Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Finance Manager Job at OutsideIn HR Limited