Finance Analyst Job at Lidya
Lidya is a financial services platform to improve access to credit and finance across frontier and emerging markets starting with Nigeria. Launched in November 2016, with a mission to close that yawning credit gap, both in Nigeria and across emerging markets where there is a $2.6 Trillion SME credit gap worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
- The Finance Analyst position is responsible analyzing financial data and developing profit-focused action plans.
- You will be a fundamental contributor to the fiscal health and success of Lidya with the ability to effectively communicate complex financial information in a clear and concise approach.
You will work closely with the finance team and be fully responsible for:
- Financial Reporting: Researching, monitoring, and analyzing financial data to be a fundamental contributor to the fiscal health and success of Lidya, including but not limited summarizing data to structured reports on Lidya’s and client’s financial status and risks.
- Loan Portfolio Growth: Support the evaluation, authorization and approval of loans given to customers including, ensuring that credit appraisals and documentations are completed properly.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinating with other members of the finance team to review financial information and forecasts.
- Verification of documentation presented for all loan applications and ensuring they meet KYC, loan assessment and any other documentation as required by the Lidya and by the regulators.
- Managing the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly operating reports to present to senior management and provision of recommendations for improvements based on trends.
- Supporting the preparation of annual financial information be provided to the external auditors.
- 1 to 4 years+ of experience (preferably commercial) working with an Investment Bank, Commercial Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in a Finance Analyst Role.
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems. Knowledge of the principles, processes, and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Investments or a related Business discipline.
- Self-starter with the desire to contribute from day one to supporting Lidya in providing premier financial services.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to read and assess both individual and company financial statements – profitability, cash flow and debt service capacity analysis + projections.
- Ability to extract data from financial systems, manipulate in offline environments such as Excel, and assist in the preparation of financial models.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, must be comfortable interacting with senior-level management and making data-driven recommendations.
- Finance Analyst Job at Lumos Nigeria
- Cashier Job at Nera Hotels
- Assistant Accountant Job at Nera Hotels
- Accountant Job at MKOBO MICROFINANCE BANK
- Management Accountant
- Chief Finance Officer Job at Cheki Nigeria Limited
- Cash Officer Job at God is Good Motors (GIGM)
- Chief Accountant Job at FINCA Microfinance Bank Limited
- Accountant/Administrative Executive Recruitment at Aideplanet Limited
- Accountant Job at Beckley Consulting Limited