Finance and Admin Officer Job at Green Habitat Initiative (GHI)
Green Habitat Initiative (GHI) is a non-profit non-governmental organization promoting the achievement of SDG 6 (clean water) and SDG 11 (sustainable cities and communities) in Nigeria. Incorporated in 2016 in Nigeria, GHI has worked in various sectors such as environmental sustainability, urban planning, sustainable urban development, urban agriculture, social urban innovations, architecture, WASH, solid waste management, recycling activities, environmental activism, etc.
GHI has worked with various local and international partners such as VINNOVA Group Sweden, French Institute Nigeria, Energies 2050, Embassies of Germany, France and Czech, The Water Mechanics, Baze University, One Environment, Stop Don't Drop, etc. to deliver its projects
We are recruiting qualified Nigerian candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Admin Officer
Job Locations: Abuja (Head office), Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger
Duration: 2 years
Reports to: COP
Travel: 75% (to Kebbi, Sokoto and Niger States)
About the Project
- GHI is working towards implementing The Project for Improved Sustainability of Integrated WASH Services (I-WASH) project in 4 states; Kebbi, Niger, Sokoto and the FCT in collaboration with USAID.
- The project components involves integrating WASH-WRM and watershed studies for the associated catchments in the region. The activities will include provision of integrated WASH facilities, watershed studies of the river basins associated with the 4 states, remote monitoring of the WASH facilities and community advocacy. Expected start date is January 2021 and for a period of 2 years.
- The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day project operations and coordination of financial activities, including cash needs; reviewing and processing sub-partner, vendor, and consultant payments; managing project procurements, sub-awards, and consultant agreements; supervising travel needs; and deploying staff and project operations, with a focus on maximizing cost-efficiency.
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Prepare budget forecasts
- Publish financial statements in time
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments and liaison with banks
- Manage balance sheets and profit / loss statements
- Report on the company's financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Responsible for monitoring availability of funds, monitoring all bank balances and requesting funds transfers when necessary
- Responsible for preparing weekly bank position statement
- Calculates and advise on monthly internal exchange rate
- Applicants must be holders of B.Sc / HND in Accountancy with 5 years of experience.
- Applicants should be holders of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send in their application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Finance and Admin Officer" as the subject of the email.
- CV (maximum 3 pages). Must include 2 references from current and previous employers. CVs must be result oriented and not task oriented.
- A one page cover letter explaining your interest in participating in the project and why you are the best person for the role.
- These position is contigent upon grant award.
- We will recruit once we find the right candidate, so we strongly advise you to submit your applications as soon as possible.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged
- Job Opportunities at Finchglow Travels
- Job Openings at Applied Engineering Technology Initiative Limited (AETI)
- Ongoing Recruitment at ECH Consulting
- Job Recruitment at Pickmeup International Company
- Finance Manager Job at BanyanTree
- Treasury Analyst Job at ENYO Retail & Supply
- Accountant Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Office Assistant Job at Sotvic Nigeria Limited
- Sales Representative & Accountant Job at Everyday Foods Group
- Internal Control Associate Job at Blackcod Asset Management