Financial Literacy/Enterprise Development Expert at Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) in partnership with European Cooperative for Rural Development (EUCORD) an International NGO based in Brussels and a leading agribusiness company based in Lagos, is soliciting for qualified applicants for a proposal to Alliance for Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA) - Partnership for Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa (PIATA), an agricultural intervention jointly funded by USAID, Bill & Melinda Gates and Rockefeller Foundation. WEWE and its partners are proposing to implement the project to develop a market-led maize and soy bean value chain targeting 100,000 farmers in Niger and Kaduna States.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial Literacy/Enterprise Development Expert (Smallholder Farmers) - (Short Term)
Job Locations: Niger and Kaduna
- Responsible for the expanding the maize and soybean value chain in Niger and Kaduna States
This will include:
- Creating partnerships and development of Maize and Soybean Marketing Hubs through creating and developing collaborative working relations and partnership among relevant partners and Farmer’s cooperatives.
- Support in the development of sales and marketing plans with project targets.
- Provide leadership, coaching and business development services to Farmers in the Project States.
- Increase Maize and Soybean demand- support linkage to organized markets and Farmer groups.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis of demand opportunities and construction of bio digesters in the Niger and Kaduna States.
- Work closely with IFAD and other value chain projects to tap into existing farmer networks.
- Institutional and organizational development of the association
- Expand access to affordable credit for households and farmer groups.
- Identify and support financial institutions in the design of financial models customised to farmer incomes.
- Design farmer extension models for optimising use of soybean for improved farm production.
- Ensuring effective monitoring and documentation of lessons learned for broad dissemination to increase the likelihood of replication/scaling-up of best practices.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in marketing and/or micro enterprise development providing business advisory services to small and micro enterprise development with at least three years’ experience in sales.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Expertise in all phases of sales and business development lifecycle.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills; ability to determine trends and propose solutions.
- In a position to demonstrate knowledge of relevant Networks and networking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Track record in building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Excellent understanding of the agricultural market in the region preferred.
- Excellent business presentation skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Results/Performance Orientated - proven “self-starter” who is flexible and adaptable.
- Able to work effectively in an unstructured and fast paced environment.
- Able to work effectively with limited guidance and supervision.
- Proficiency in Hausa Language is an asset.
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Entrepreneurship, Economic Development or relevant Field from recognised university.
- (A Master’s degree will be an added advantage)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Applicants should provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on their CV as well as three professional referees. Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.
- Kindly Note: WEWE’S recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis and while we thank all applicants for showing interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications will be reviewed in batches on a first come first served basis. WEWE reserve the right to conclude this recruitment process when suitable candidates are selected