Financial Services Risk & Regulation, Manager at PWc
PwC firms help organizations and individuals create the value they are looking for. We are a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 180,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial Services Risk & Regulation - Manager
Reference Number: 125-NIG00174
Job Location: Lagos
Job type: Permanent
- PwC's Financial Services Risk & Regulation (FSRR) professionals help clients understand, assess, mitigate and resolve all issues, driven by risk management, capital management and compliance, which prevent the achievement of their strategic goals.
- Our strength is our ability to operate across all the stages of design, execution and assurance of all risk management and compliance arrangements.
- We work with a broad range of corporate and public organizations to develop robust financial risk management frameworks that satisfy compliance demands, contribute to better decision making and enhance performance.
- The scope of our work covers the full spectrum of financial risks such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and internal liquidity adequacy assessment process.
- There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining value - adding client relationships.
- Selling, developing and leading consulting projects for clients in Financial Services Risk & Regulations.
- Advising our financial services clients on their financial risk models, policies and governance.
- Supporting clients in the implementation of their Enterprise-wide Risk Management Frameworks.
- Identifying business opportunities within existing and/or potential clients.
- Participating in business development and contributing to harness the business opportunities into successful wins.
- Contributing to knowledge sharing and development within the Risk consulting team.
- Provide inputs and drive initiatives for the development of thought leadership in financial risk and regulations.
- Ensuring effective monitoring of multiple risk management projects with tight reporting deadlines.
- Developing and validating models to meet clients’ objectives and expectations.
- Delivering projects in various risk management areas and adding value to new and existing clients.
- Acting as a subject matter expert (SME), advising and supporting our financial services clients with regard to risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Participating actively in conferences and other events to support business development initiatives and meet prospective clients.
- Managing/overseeing project teams, identifying development needs within the teams, and building competence through mentoring, coaching and knowledge transfer.
Experience & Qualification
- A good University Degree with a minimum of Second Class division.
- Completed Master's Degree, preferably in Econometrics, Mathematics or other quantitative areas of study.
- At least 6 years' work experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a major bank, consultancy firm or regulatory agency.
- Expertise and hands-on experience in at least one of FRM’s core areas, e.g. Basel II/III, credit risk, market risk, operational risk,
- Excellent analytical skills
- Motivated and committed
- Strong project management and coordination skills.
- Client service-oriented and accustomed to taking a proactive approach.
- A recognised professional certification such as FRM/CFA will be an added advantage.
- Deep content knowledge in credit, operational, market and liquidity risk management.
- Expertise in Basel II/III & Solvency II derived principally from Basel II/Solvency II implementation project experience.
- Strong technology and model building skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Pro-active and entrepreneurial spirit, in combination with strong team work ethics.
- Ability to build strong, long-term relationships with key client contacts across lines of service and work closely with C-suite executives.
- Ability to leverage resources within the PwC network, and collaborate with strategic third parties to develop and implement new and existing market propositions across our services industry.
- Ability to develop people through effective mentoring and coaching of team members.
- Flexibility to support other service areas beyond your core areas of competence.
- Account Officer Job at Trans-Nationwide Express Plc (TRANEX)
- Junior Accountant Job at Groth HQ
- Investment Analyst Job at Lidya Global
- Collections Associate Job at Lidya Global
- Account / Admin Officer
- Recruitment/ Vetting Officer Job at Royalsec Services Company Limited
- Security Patrol Supervisor Job at Royalsec Services Company Limited
- Investment Consultant Job at Oxfordgold Providence International Limited
- Account/ Admin Officer Job at Forza Projects
- Cash & Bank Officer Job at Cummins Inc