FPSO HSE Superintendent
The Onstream Group constantly searches for new solutions for our clients, adapting to current needs and changing industry trends, staying competitive globally and gaining market share.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: FPSO HSE Superintendent (Local)
Job Location: Offshore Nigeria
- The FPSO HSE Superintendent will report on daily basis to FPSO HSE Coordinator.
- The role will also have a functional reporting line to the FPSO HSE Manager.
- The job holder will have the responsibility to ensure that for all CLIENT Construction activities on board CLIENT FPSO, HSE and Security is given the right level of attention throughout all phases of the project and that corresponding requirements stated in Contracts Exhibit L and CLIENT General Specification are properly implemented by all involved.
The job holder is directly responsible to:
- To ensure that contractor HSE practices comply with the HSE Requirements stated in the Contract Exhibit L, that proper measures and procedures are being implemented by everyone concerned, and that all risks are evaluated and planned by the contractor.
- Ensuring the implementation of the approved Contractor and sub-contractor project HSE plan and referenced procedures including bridging documents
- Monitoring and reporting the Health, Safety and Environmental performance of the Contractor and its sub-contractors on site.
- Participate in Risk Assessment and Job Safety Analysis studies dedicated to construction operations in hands, and ensure they comply with related CLIENT General Specifications and Guide manuals.
- Undertake site HSE audits & inspections, and ensure corrective action recommendations areconclusively closed-out.
- Contribute in building, control and follow-up the corresponding site HSE improvement plan
- Ensuring that site personnel receive basic HSE induction training as well as the minimum HSE training and competence required to perform their duties in a reliable and safe manner
- Ensure Hazard identification/reporting, accident reporting and investigation are continuously undertaken and comply with related CLIENT General Specifications and Guide manual
- Participate in the site emergency preparedness and follow-up the improvement measures undertaken after the regular exercise.
- Document and effectively communicate project HSE awareness campaign, statistics, performance results, challenges and improvement plans within project
- To ensure that contractors have all necessary written authorisations for their activities.
- Take part in the preparation and attend the meetings of the site HSE committees
- To focus on the early identification of potential problems and to propose appropriate solutions to project site management.
- To attend/conduct regular meetings with project and contractors’ representatives to discuss and agree on HSE standards, concerns and potential hazards.
- To be proactive in promoting HSE awareness at all levels within the project team and contractor personnel.
- To ensure that a risk assessment is performed before each potentially dangerous activity.
- To make certain that all risk analyses are properly performed and all control measures are implemented before commencement of any construction activity.
- To assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents to determine their underlying causes, report anomalies and check corrective actions.
- To monitor the implementation of actions arising from incident, accident, audit and inspection analyses
- To ensure and first aid materials and equipment are available on the sites, in liaison with the Contractor
- To propose amelioration actions to improve HSE efficiency and follow up on implementation of such actions.
- Take an active part in site activity planning and coordination meetings
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors.
- To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleague’s safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
- Graduate Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc) or equivalent in any Engineering or Physical Science, and formal training in HSE with recognized qualification or certification.
- Minimum 8 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 5 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities.
- Thorough knowledge of risk assessment techniques and experience at organising HAZOPS, HAZIDS, HAZAN and other reviews.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fluent in English language and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
- Ability to work on rotation bases.
- Health and Safety Officer at Godrej Consumer Products Limited
- Safety Coordinator
- HSE Supervisor at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Senior Environmental and Health and Safety Specialist at Blueprint Consult Company Limited
- HSE Officer
- FPSO Offshore Logistics Supervisor at Onstream Group
- Admin/HSE Officer
- Health & Safety Manager at Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc
- Quality Health Safety Security and Environment Manager at Sunray Ventures
- HSE Manager