Front Desk Assistant Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Front Desk Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
Reports To: Senior Admin Officer
Matrix Reporting: Admin Manager
- The Front Desk Assistant is responsible for maintaining the Jhpiego reception/front office including ensuring cleanliness, functioning phone system, maintaining telephone contact information, and ensuring prompt and timely assistance to all visitors and vendors.
- As the first contact for the organization’s visitors, the Front Desk Assistant is expected to be professional, courteous, smart, prompt and pleasant
- Provide support to Jhpiego staff in the office and ensure efficient and prompt operation of the reception and front office in general.
- Manage the PABX/Intercom system and ensuring that all PABX problems are reported promptly to Admin.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing mail register to manage all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Maintain and manage Invoice Register for both Country Office invoices and State offices invoices
- Receive all invoices, document and send invoices to Administrative unit.
- Issue and receive vehicle request form and forward request to Admin for processing.
- Maintain telephone contact list with phone contact information for all Jhpiego partners, stakeholders and others associated with the program.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and promptly receive and assist visitors.
- Ensure that all in-coming mail and deliveries (documents such as proposals, invoices etc.) are correctly distributed and in a timely manner. Ensure that all Abuja and International out-going mail is correctly addressed, recorded and all mails (Abuja and international) are sent out on time and collected promptly by courier company staff.
- Ensure that all visitors to Jhpiego from Baltimore and other/overseas country offices receive the guest cell phone for use while in country. Jhpiego Nigeria office staff contacts should be given to the guest for easy access. S/he should also ensure that all these staff numbers are keyed in the cell phone. S/he should then ensure the cell phone including all its accessories are returned before the guest departs.
- Responsible for conference room booking and setting up and other logistics prior to meetings/training events.
- Report First Aid Box information to the Admin Manager for necessary action.
- Support vendors’ invoice vetting and routing to Admin Unit
- Reconcile travel/flight ticketing with vendors on periodic basis in collaboration with admin support team
- Support Logistics assistant in invoice reconciliation for all Abuja car hire vendors
- Support inventory management system by receiving delivery notes, waybills and routing same to the inventory department.
- Interface with all Jhpiego vendors and providing guidance on all open bidding process (including ensuring that bid worksheet are properly completed and kept safe)
- Support quality control processes by guiding vendors on how to review all signed-off sampled materials (e.g. documents, booklets, consumables etc) and ensure that these sample materials are well labelled, explanatory and securely kept throughout bidding process
- Support Administrative unit in document filing and archiving (document retention management).
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies, Business Management and related profession.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a busy office within the private sector especially with an international organization
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to operate and use a PABX phone system
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Position and Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at ww.jhpiego.org
- Recent Job Openings at Le Treda
- Career Opportunities at Strugz
- Executive Assistant / Driver Job at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited
- British Council Recruitment for a Customer Service Assistant
- Administrative Manager Job at CapitalSage
- Administrative Assistant Job at Prestigious Consulting
- Office Assistant Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Customer Service Representative Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Customer Experience Officer Job at God is Good Motors (GIGM)
- Customer Service Representative / Operations Coordinator / Sorting Officer Recruitment