FSL Officer / Field Coordinator Job at Salient Humanitarian Organization
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: FSL Officer / Field Coordinator (for NHF Project)
Job Location: (Maiduguri base) North-East Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: September, 2020
Duration of Contract: 6 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Slot: 2 Openings
General context of the Job/Project
This position falls under the direct management of SHO's FSS Project Coordinator
- Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the FSS Officer/Field Coordinator will provide leadership and management of all aspects of the wet feeding - food security in Ngala and Mobbar LGA in Borno.
- He/ She will be responsible for the implementation of food security/wet-feeding component and ensuring program quality, completion of activities within allocated funding and project period, and identifying new needs for program expansion and improvement.
- The Food Security Officer will be spending full of his/her time in Ngala and Mobbar LGAs.
- Adhere to SHO policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines, policies and procedures
- Coordinate the food security activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Ensure adherence to SHO policies and donor requirements
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Coordinate with relevant partners
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Supervise, train and develop team
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Investigate and facilitate the introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Ensure proper field staff management and coordination, identification of project staff and administration needs.
- Ensure timely communication with field and effective coordination with other food security partners in Borno state
- Ensure active participation to cluster's or other relevant meetings
- Perform any other duty assigned by the Food Security Project Coordinator.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of university Degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one year of experience in NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Proven professional experience working with NGO at a relevant position e.g enumerator, monitor, field and community worker.
- Experience working for NGOs and/ or in Camp setting is a must.
- Experience using Kobo, or other mobile data collection technology
- Experience Working in Northeast Nigeria is a Must
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Hausa, Kanuri or additional fluency in other local languages an added advantage.
- Ability and Willingness to follow instructions.
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before the deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single file) via E-mail to: email@example.com indicating the "Job position" as the subject of the e-mail
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road,
Old GRA, Maiduguri,
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than five pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- SHO considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- Please clearly indicate the "Job position" on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, SHO will only inform shortlisted candidates for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about SHO, please consult: www.salientho.org
- Nutrition International Recruitment for Senior Project Officer (Home Fortification)
- Career Opportunities at ACCESS BANK PLC
- Ongoing Recruitment at Domeo Resources International
- IT Project Manager Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Operations Officer Job at Peridot Forte Solutions Consulting
- Project Manager Job at INTERSOS Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Home Technologies
- Project Associate Job at Hempawa Consult
- Project Officer Job at Polaris Digitech Limited
- Project Manager Job at Cooperazione Internazionale