General Manager, Industrial Catering Job at Alan & Grant
Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: General Manager, Industrial Catering
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Ideal candidate will manage the general operations, to develop and implement strategic plan for the Industrial Catering business in the most cost effective and time efficient manner and lead, inspire and motivate employees within the business to deliver the strategic objectives.
- Candidates must have proven success in an existing catering business
Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the Industrial Catering (IC) business.
- Provide strategic guidance and oversight for the development and implementation of tactical and operational plans at the ICB (Industrial Catering Base) and all locations.
- Provide overall direction in ensuring cost effective execution of all Industrial Catering contractual agreements throughout the defined/contracted periods.
- Oversee the development and implementation of an Industrial Catering Standard.
- Operating Procedures (SOP) manual to guide all catering and housekeeping activities at the Base and all the other locations.
- Ensure the establishment and implementation of standard Industrial Catering supply chain policies and procedures in line with leading practices.
- Engage in effective and thorough market research and data gathering on prospective clients (current and planned facilities) particularly those in the Oil and Gas industry, competitor’s product/service/pricing/marketing methods and report timely to the ED of Operations.
- Develop, articulate and implement marketing and business development strategies for the Offshore Catering division.
- Engage prospective clients and non-advertised contracts through regular visits to current and proposed facilities, cold calls, presentations and other personal selling methods.
- Oversee the development and timely submission of technical and commercial proposals for advertised bids.
- Oversee the development and continuous update of a customer relationship management tool to prompt effective response to current and prospective customer needs.
- Oversee the development of client-specific menu plans in line with client specifications and needs and also ensure full adherence to agreed menu/meal plans.
- Ensure prompt follow-through and resolution of all clients’ catering and housekeeping complaints and escalate to the ED of Operations where appropriate.
- Conduct regular site visits and spot checks to all locations to monitor and ensure full compliance with defined food safety, cleanliness and hygiene policies and procedures.
- Ensure the timely and cost effective procurement and distribution of Industrial Catering materials and equipment/tools between the central warehouse and the clients’ locations.
- Oversee the preparation of the Industrial Catering business unit’s annual budget and monitor its implementation.
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions for the division in line with approved financial authority limits.
- Develop, implement and maintain necessary controls.
- Work with Finance/Accounts unit to ensure required measures are put in place to facilitate prompt payment by Clients.
- A first degree in Food Science & Technology, Catering or Food Engineering.
- A post graduate degree and relevant certifications in Hotel Administration/Management or any related degree from a reputable university.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience of which at least five (5) years must have been at a senior management level within a corporate catering/foods services division.
- Fluency in English is essential, with superior oral and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of the industrial/corporate catering and hospitality industries, including key players, key trends, growth drives, current issues and innovative solutions.
- Understanding and awareness of general technical issues involved in the service industry, particularly for services involving food preparation, catering and housekeeping.
- Strong appreciation of market research, market intelligence, industry analysis, customer segmentation and business planning techniques.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian Local Content Act.
- High level of adherence to food safety and hygiene, catering and domestic standards.
- Very strong ability to develop diverse (local and international) recipes and menus, taking into consideration such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and client size.
- Very good knowledge and practical understanding of food garnishing and presentation
- Excellent appreciation and working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other applicable tools.
- Hospital Medical Representative Job at Dkt International
- Equity Products Manager Job at Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Territory Sales Manager Job at Berrytech International
- Customer Service Representative
- HSE Officer Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Sales Engineer Job at Tekniteed Nigeria Limited
- Store Officer Job at Elkris Foods Nigeria Limited
- Chief Strategy Officer Job at Menzon Nigeria Limited
- Non-Academic Staff Recruitment in Leading Private University
- Public Relations Officer Job at Torrian Prestige Interiors