Graduate Warehouse Assistant at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Job Number: 30417
Location: Ibadan - Oyo
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire an Warehouse Assistant to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- This work involves offering support to the Supply Chain departement in order to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost, by providing basic warehousing functions of receipt and storage of goods under supervision.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of hands on experience in production environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Higher National Diploma or Bchs. Degree in Science, Engineering, Statistics, Procurement or Supply Chain fields
- Strong communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Analytical Skills
- NYSC completed
- Proper stock and warehouse management to ensure storage and handling of leaf grades are done as per BAT best practice.
- Prompt loading and offloading of leaf tobacco grades and arrange for fumigation and supplies of blends, that all tobacco is properly fumigated to avoid supplying infested beetles to PMD.
- Ensure moldy/infested tobacco is moved to quarantined approved marked area.
- Uninterrupted supplies of leaf grades to PMD on Time In Full.
- Follow FIFO to supply Diet, Recon and CLD.
- Manage and report the status of all material handling equipment’s to ensure their maintainability to avoid equipment failure.
- Maintain good working relationship with local logistics and labor providers, with internal customers and with all other functions and warehousing staff.
- Maintain a close relationship with agency managing off site warehouses, logistics and labor service providers.
- The job holder will cultivate and maintain a close working relationship with PMD, QA, Finance, Planning and other unit that has interface with the warehousing functions.
- Posting of materials must be done according to picking list and current BOM.
- Check Base Quantity before printing of PO and adhere to ‘NO SCAN, NO MOVE’
- Maintain new lot before GR and GR all offloaded materials into the system correctly.
- Maintain 98% stock accuracy throughout the year.
- Develop and coach self through personal development programs and training.
- Manage the EHS and housekeeping procedures within the warehouses and ensure strict adherence
- Book Keeper Job at Broadoak Schools
- Store Keeper Job at Afribarn Autoparts
- Account and Inventory Officer Job at Rossland Screening Solutions
- Warehouse Officer Job at White Soul Group
- Procurement Administrator Job at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Technical Store Officer Job at Landover Company Limited
- Warehouse Manager Job at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Warehouse Manager Job at TalentRO Consulting
- Warehouse Assistant Job at Prisdav Consulting
- Warehouse Manager Job at La Roche Equipment Nigeria Limited