Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant Job at The Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resource/Admin Technical Assistant
Job Locations: Gwoza/Pulka - Borno, Adamawa States
Reports to: The Field Office Coordinator.
- NRC is looking for a Human Resource/Administration Technical Assistant for our Field Office in Gwoza/Pulka in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Human Resource/Administration Technical Assistant is to support programme activities in Gwoza/Pulka, Borno State.
- Support Hiring HR Focal person in scheduling and administering of test.
- Documentation and filing of personnel documents.
- Managing Interns recruitment for WASH, FSL, Education and Community Workers for Biu and Damasak.
- Focal Person for Production, circulation and updating of staff ID Card and data base.
- Preparation of employment Contracts.
- Arrangement and scheduling of Office Conference hall/Projector.
- Support HR Officers in reviewing background/reference checks
- Drafting of Staff Employment Contracts and Offer Letters
- Generating Resource number for new employees
- Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Management Science or any other related Course
- Advance Degree of professional certification e.g CIPM will be an added advantage
- Previous (1year) experience working in a human resource department (preferably INGO)
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Fluency in Hausa and one other local relevant language (spoken)
- High level competence in computer skills (Microsoft office Applications)
- Office administration
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect: All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Some travelling must be expected
- Commencement: ASAP/September 2019
- Duration: 4 months (One year renewal)
- Salary/benefits: Grade Level 4 Step 1 (According to NRC’s general directions).
- Duty station: Gwoza/Pulka, with occasional travels. Travel outside Gwoza/Pulka is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here for more Information (MS Word)
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and
- HR Intern Recruitment at Romanspage Global
- Human Resources Group Head Recruitment at Michael Stevens Consulting
- Human Resource Business Partner Job at Proten International
- Human Resources Officer Job at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- HR Business Partner Job at Ralds & Agate
- Human Resources Manager Job at Mercy Corps
- Human Resources and Training Officer Job at Emplug
- HR Operations Assistant Job at Weco Systems International Ltd
- Recruitment Manager Job at Teju Industries Limited
- Human Resources & Administrative Manager Recruitment at Kimberly Ryan Limited