Human Resources / Admin & Legal Manager Job at Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society
Chevron Employees Multipurpose Cooperative Society (CEMCS Ltd.) generally know in Chevron environment as Chevron Credit Union is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources / Admin & Legal Manager
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinates onboarding activities for new employees including documentation, file creation and provision of work tools;
- Ensures job descriptions are available for each role within the company and carries out annual update;
- Audits the human resources needs of departments in line with the company’s policy on hiring/recruitment and communicates the needs to the General Manager (GM);
- Coordinates and conducts entry/exit interviews for employees;
- Actively participates in employee management and dispute resolution process;
- Responsible for creating an open and enabling environment for employees;
- Educates employees on all company policies and procedures such as leave, attendance, and dress code;
- Submits yearly review of employees’ job functions and alignment with organizational goals;
- Coordinates employees’ leave process and ensures adherence to the company’s policy on leave management;
- Supervises the administrative unit staff by ensuring they are enabled to carry out their roles in accordance with their KJR;
- Handles all personnel issues and escalates unresolved issues to the GM for prompt resolution;
- Carries out duties as may be assigned by the GM;
- Prepares and provides timely reports to the GM.
Learning and Development:
- Liaises with line managers to assess the training needs of employees and communicates the needs in line with the company’s policy to the GM for approval.
- Works with line managers to set and cascade key performance indicators to employees;
- Collates the company’s performance review results and manages documentation;
- Ensures monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual performance reviews are carried out by line managers.
- Works with the company’s accountant to prepare payroll of all employees monthly;
- Prepares and sends payslip to employees monthly.
- Maintains, manages, and updates all employees’ individual files both physical and electronic;
- Creates, manages and updates the company’s database with relevant information;
- Acts as the custodian of work tools;
- Ensures employees are provided with all the resources needed to carry out their job functions;
- Responsible for the effective management and supervision of all administrative staff;
- Ensures the proper management of workstations;
- Responsible for the management of the IT unit and provides support when needed;
- Ensures adherence to the company’s policies;
- Prepares monthly reports on activities carried out by the company and sends the reports to the General Manager.
- Serves as a liaison between the company and external solicitors;
- Prepares legal documentation and reviews contracts and agreements;
- Responsible for managing files and contracts with vendors;
- Ensures proper filing of important company documents, including legal documents.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (Law degree is preferred) from a reputable and accredited higher institution
- Certification in human resources would be an added advantage
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience in a similar role
Note: Click on the link above to apply. You will be expected to select which role you are applying for before submitting your application.
- Legal Lead Job at Deloitte Nigeria
- Legal Executive Job at Zilt Investment
- Legal Adviser Job at a Non-governmental Organization
- Lawyer Job at Catilas Resources Limited
- Lawyer Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Legal Associate Job at Pivotage Consulting
- Legal Officer Job at First Excelsia Professional Services Limited
- Lawyer Job at The Centre for Anti-Corruption & Open Leadership (CACOL)
- Legal Associate Job at Mike Igbokwe SAN & Co
- Legal Officer Job at My Vision Consult