Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager Job at Save the Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Humanitarian Supply Chain Manager
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
The Scope of Role
- This role will lead or manage the setup and scale-up of all emergency response logistics functions and responsibilities and will manage logistics staff
- This role will support the Humanitarian Team Leader and other members of the senior management team on the best use of Save the Children’s resources. The role includes logistics support with a broad spread of programmes, staffing, thematic interventions, and complexity
- As such, the role may include remote management, management of multiple field bases or direct line management of a large single project or function. The post-holder will learn lessons from each assignment to help improve future practice.
- The main responsibilities of this post may vary according to the terms of reference for each assignment. The post-holder is likely to undertake senior deployments such as Country Supply Chain Manager or Emergency Response Logistics Manager.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Management of all programme logistics; develop/implement the country logistics policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, and for the management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to throughout the programme, briefing and supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support logistics staff including ensuring appropriate team structures, a clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance
- Ensure that the supply chain is appropriate and cost-effective, based on budget, markets, infrastructure, nature of the Save the Children programmes, and the need for timely delivery
- Provide advice and support to senior management on logistics issues, and collaborate with staff on budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Where delegated, be responsible for security management in line with Save the Children guidelines and procedures.
- Where appropriate, be responsible for developing and implementing emergency preparedness strategies across the logistics aspects of the operation
- Provide logistics training and capacity building as required across the programme
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
Understanding humanitarian contexts and application of humanitarian principles:
- Leads in the development of an organisational response based on an understanding of the contexts
Achieving Results Effectively:
- Accountability – ensure efficient and transparent use of resources in accordance with internal controls
- Decision making – demonstrates flexibility to adapt to plans and make decisions in rapidly changing environments
- Impact – Makes changes to improve performance as a result of information received
- Programme Quality – Creates measures and metrics to track performance
- Maintaining and developing collaborative relationships
- Establishes clear objectives with teams and individuals, and monitors progress and performance
- Uses negotiation and conflict resolution skills to support positive outcomes
- Operating safely and Securely
- Takes appropriate, coordinated and consistent action to handle situations of personal risk and risk for others
- Reduces vulnerability by complying with safety and security protocols set by the organisation
- Managing yourself in a pressured and changing environment:
- Able to identify, and act on, low levels of resilience in others
- Remains focussed on the objectives and goals in a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrates personal integrity by using one’s position responsibly and fairly
- Leadership: Action; Thinking; Self; Inspiring; Developing Others
- Delivers results and always acts with the beneficiaries in mind
- Demonstrates managerial courage by confronting difficult situations, seeking resolution and championing ideas
- Adapts plans and approaches based upon an awareness of the external context
- Works to ensure that the workplace is inclusive and the talents of team members are harnessed to achieve individual and organisational success.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a First Degree in relevant studies.
- Significant management experience (minimum of 5 years) prior NGO experience in logistics management, within a complex/large scale country programme and in emergency response/humanitarian environments
- Substantial experience in all technical areas of logistics operations including procurement, transport/distribution, warehousing and stock management, fleet management, asset management, communications, and security
- Experience in developing/implementing a complex international supply chain to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet the programme objectives
- Experience of working in remote field bases with limited infrastructure
- Proven track record in managing and supervising others in logistics, including training and capacity building
- Ability to synthesise and analyse complex information, and make clear, informed decisions
- Experience in advising and supporting others at all levels with logistics aspects of a programme, including strategic thinking and planning
- Ability to build relationships quickly with a wide range of people, both internally and externally
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and French, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
- Technical experience/training in specific areas of logistics eg fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks
- Technical experience/knowledge in specific types of humanitarian intervention eg Health, WASH, Food Security
- Formal management training.
- Inventory Officer Job at First Synergi Construction Limited
- Female Store Keeper Job at SIMS Nigeria Limited
- Warehouse Officer Job at Sanofi Nigeria
- Warehouse Officer Job at Hazon Holdings
- Warehouse Manager Job at Hazon Holdings
- Store Manager/Sales Executive Recruitment at E'sorae Luxury
- Warehouse Manager Job at a reputable company
- Store Manager Recruitment at E'sorae Luxury
- Twin Star Industries Recruitment for Stores/Purchase in Charge
- Head of Supply Chain Job at a reputable company