ICT and Social Media Advisor Recruitment at Reboot
Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: ICT and Social Media Advisor
Job Location: Kano, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
- We are seeking a consultant to work on a project in Kano aimed at supporting more accountable delivery of public goods and services for citizens in Nigeria. The consultant will work closely with the Reboot Nigeria team and local partners to gather and analyze ICT and social media research and information related to project focal areas. The consultant will use this information to facilitate the implementation of projects and activities in civic tech to support citizen-government engagement, in partnership with PERL and partner organizations and institutions.
- The consultant will be responsible for working with PERL delivery team staff to manage relationships with local partners and corresponding stakeholders. Additionally, consultants will serve in an advisory role, providing training, input, and guidance on program planning, implementation, research and ICT and digital media project execution.
- Experience or background in ICT and/or social media research and project/program implementation is required.
Duration of Commitment:
- The Advisor is expected to start in May 2019 and will work full-time for a contracted period of roughly up to one year. Renewal of the contract will be based on project priorities and work performance.
Generally, consultants will be responsible for digital media-related technical support research, and documentation. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assess digital media capabilities of local partners (media, civil society, government, etc);
- Create and review program concept notes and provide recommendations for the integration of ICT and digital media;
- Lead testing and piloting support to local partners launching and implementing civic tech initiatives.
- Support design and implementation of training of local partners (in media, civil society, government, etc).
- Participate in desk and field research activities to inform project priorities and direction as needed
- Lead user research interviews and schedule respondents in accordance with project demands
- Participate in check-ins with local project staff in- person and with Reboot staff
- Participate in group synthesis of data;
- Support documentation of findings and final outputs
- Successful candidates will bring a mix of skills and experiences to the role.
Ideal candidates have:
- A university Degree in a relevant field. An advanced degree is preferred;
- 3 to 5 years relevant professional experience working on ICT and/or digital media related projects for governance, advocacy, consulting or media;
- Prior experience in managing relationships with stakeholders in government agencies, donor organizations, and/or NGOs;
- Must reside near the location of work.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Hausa are necessary;
- Demonstrated interest in qualitative research;
- Computer proficiency (especially MS Office and Google apps) required;
- Willingness to travel, up to 15% or as needed.
- Reboot is an equal opportunity employer
- Female office assistance/ Reservation & Tour logistics officer
- Marketing Executive Job at Inter Arc Consultants Limited
- Freelance Marketing Executive Job at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
- Marketer Job at a reputable company
- Marketing Intern Recruitment at Credpal
- Marketing Executive Job at GOF AUTOS LTD
- Gulf Treasures Limited Recruitment for an IT Support Assistant
- Skyedge Nigeria Limited Recruitment for an IT Officer
- Marketing Manager Job at Wandel International (Nig) Ltd a Simba Group Company
- IT Manager Job at a reputable company