Intern (Finance Assistant) Recruitment at International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Intern (Finance Assistant)
SVN No.: CFCV2019.71
Job Location: Lagos
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: Internship
Type of Appointment: 6 months Internship with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the Resource Management Officer and the direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant in Lagos, the successful candidate will support the Resource Management Unit by carrying out the below tasks.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assisting in audit preparation for interim and year-end audit.
- Job shadowing in the various sub-unit of the finance department based on learning schedule.
- Assist in the financial analysis and tracking of all project budgets.
- Assist in month end closure of all project activities in compliance with donor requirements and internal guidance.
- Assist in document management, record management and archiving of financial transactions e.g. monitoring tool for tracking office costs
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Students approaching the end of their studies and preparing a thesis, or recently graduated, between 18 and 36 years old, who have less than two years of relevant working experience.
- Students holding a scholarship for internship placements in international organizations and/or for whom internship is required to complete their studies;
- Students sponsored by governmental/non-governmental institutions and/or academia to work on specific areas relevant to both IOM and the sponsor;
- Background in Accounting, Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Administration and other related Social Sciences
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and internet applications.
- Personal commitment, efficiency and results driven.
- Sound administration and organizational skills with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a highly confidential manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new, different environment.
- Fluent in English, Working knowledge of local language
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies - behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications to "Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)" via email: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating position applied for on the subject line.
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line "CFCV2019.71 Lagos. Intern (Finance Assistant)"
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be
- Audit Officer Job at Morison Plc
- Account Manager Job at Karferry Limited
- Loan Officer Job at Karferry Limited
- Account Manager Job at Willers Solutions Limited
- Finance Analyst Job at Lumos Nigeria
- Cashier Job at Nera Hotels
- Assistant Accountant Job at Nera Hotels
- Accountant Job at MKOBO MICROFINANCE BANK
- Management Accountant
- Cornerstone Staffing Graduate Internship Programme 2019