Internal Auditor Job at Anchorage Microfinance Bank Limited
Anchorage Leisures Limited is a leading indigenous hospitality company in Nigeria, established to promote hospitality, tourism, and culture through active participation and strategic partnerships with global leaders in the hospitality industry.
The company’s flagship development is the luxurious Radisson Blu Anchorage Hotel, Lagos; a 170-room, 5-star hotel in the heart of Victoria Island. The property is operated in partnership with Radisson Hotel Group, one of the world’s largest and most dynamic hotel groups. Anchorage Leisures is poised to leverage its expertise and track record of developing landmark projects to develop more hotel and hospitality related projects across Africa
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Auditor
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Internal Auditor would be responsible for ensuring the effective planning and execution of compliance, financial, and operational audits and special projects at the Hotel.
- This person interacts with mid-to-senior level management to discuss and resolve potentially contentious issues and recommend improved business practices.
- Prepare internal audit reports summarizing audit findings for issuance to the Company’s executives and senior management team and specific property-level executive teams.
- Critically evaluate results of internal audits against results of property financial reviews performed, that include areas covered by internal audit, to ensure consistent issue identification is executed.
- Provide support to the Company’s external auditors during their review of Internal Audits work papers, on-site visits.
- Lead special project initiatives, as needed, to ensure accounting and financial controls are not compromised and are designed to operate effectively.
- Liaise with the hotel’s financial and operational teams, to ensure their understanding of the accounting and finance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Perform unannounced internal audits of hotel assets based on a written work program to determine effectiveness of established internal controls in the areas of accounting, human resources, life safety and other risk management.
- Make recommendations for improvements in the internal controls in existence at the hotel.
- Communicate findings to various levels of management verbally on a preliminary basis and through comprehensive written reports when finalized, including summary level reports to ownership and company executives.
- Provide follow-up support to the hotel to ensure that corrective actions are being established in an acceptable manner.
- Analyze changes in the environment to identify new risks and make recommendations regarding needed control changes, as well as updating the internal audit work program.
- Communicate with co-workers, owners, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Objectively review hotel’s processes to evaluate the effectiveness of risk management procedures currently in place.
- Protect against fraud and theft of the organization's assets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field.
- Professional qualifications such as ACA or ACCA would be preferred.
- Experience: 5-7years of post-qualification experience in Accounting, Governance, Risk Assurance, Internal Controls, Hospitality and Retail Processes and Project Management.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, proficient in Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi task and think clearly and logically in a fast-paced environment
- The role requires an effective, organized, self-motivated and driven individual, who is committed to adding value to existing business processes.
- Interested applicants must possess the ability to communicate one-on-one and to groups to explain policies and procedures, and to persuade others to accept or adopt a specific opinion or action.
- He or she must be able to read, analyze and interpret financial reports, accept ambiguous circumstances and act where answers to a problem are not readily apparent.
- The internal auditor should also be able to analyze information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to: define the problem or objective, identify relevant concerns or factors, identify patterns, tendencies and relationships, formulate logical and objective conclusions, and recognize alternatives and their implications.
- He or she must have very good interpersonal relations and be willing to work with other people.
- He or she should possess the ability to multi-task, present information and/or a convincing argument to executives and other board members:
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using "Internal Auditor" as the subject of the email.
- Finance Assistant Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale
- Internal Audit Supervisor Job at Domino Stores Limited
- Bookkeeper Job at Ameera Ventures Liimited
- Accountant Job at Elvaridah
- Employment Opportunities at Softcom Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at United Bank for Africa
- Bobo Food and Beverages Limited Ongoing Recruitment
- Recent Vacancies at Procter and Gamble
- Financial Planner Job at NSIA Insurance
- Accountant Job at G-eurafric Limited