Internal Communications and Sustainability Manager Job at The British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice - whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Communications and Sustainability Manager
Job Number: 25772
Job Location: Lagos
Function: Legal & External Affairs
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- As a key member of the Corporate Affairs team, the Internal Communications and Sustainability Manager (IC & Sus Manager) will manage the company’s internal communications programme, provide strategic communication support to the business, while ensuring the drive for digitally-enabled campaigns.
- He or she will also be responsible for addressing key business-related sustainability (social, environmental and economic) impacts in a way that builds value for our stakeholders as well as our shareholders, which will in turn improve our commercial sustainability.
- This would involve supporting, through internal communications, the corporate evolution of the corporate brand as well as the harm reduction initiatives.
- This also involves the launch/introduction of potentially reduced risk products (PRRP) in the West and Central African Area, which we will continue to develop and introduce to the solid portfolio of consumer solutions for our well-known global brands - Velo/Lyft, Vype, glo, etc.
- This role reports to the Area Head of Corporate Affairs and is a self-managed role, the coverage scope being the West and Central African Area (Anglophone and Francophone).
- Set digital communications strategy to manage employee communications that ensure employees understand and support company strategies, principles, compliance directives and initiatives, and the impact on the employee’s day-to-day activities.
- Develops, manages and produces effective digital communications tools and platforms, such as company electronic newsletters/magazines, corporate literature and technology enabled internal campaigns, that ensure staff are aware of and supporting business initiatives and success.
- Develops and manages the development of annual communications cycle plans that incorporates functional and company requirements and supports the company’s evolved plan and focus.
- Strengthening the recommended approach to Sustainability Agenda.
- Drive high standards and best practice on Sustainability management approach.
- Provide technical advice and support on Sustainability issues.
- Monitor emerging global sustainability issues.
- Graduate calibre, ideally with professional or higher qualification in Internal Communication, IT or Marketing.
- Good understanding of all aspects of digital communications and social media and able to keep up to date with new developments as they happen.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Expert in project management and good understanding of the tobacco regulatory environment.
- 3 years+ broad Internal Communications/IT/Marketing experience, ideally in a blue-chip company.
- Understanding of the wider communications disciplines; experience of change management.
- Understanding of research tools and methodologies; can conduct small scale online qualitative and quantitative research.
- He or she should have an understanding of Sustainability issues within corporate organizations, comprehensive understanding of stakeholder management and reporting process and best practice standards and mechanisms.
- Ability to identify Sustainability issues cross functionally and drive a sustainable agenda to address issues identified.
- Project Manager / Engineer (MNO) Job at Phase3 Telecoms Limited
- Operation Officer Job at Morris Royal Limited
- Project Manager (SAFPAC) Job at Care International
- Lawyer Job at a reputable company
- Project Assistant Job at PEC Events Limited
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Project Assistant - Work in Progress Job at Oxfam
- Construction Project Manager
- IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Project Manager (FSL) Job at ZOA international