Internal Control Officer Job at Haulage and Logistics Nigeria
Haulage and Logistics Nigeria Limited - Our client, Nigerian Sino Trucks Limited is a Federal Government recognized Assembler of vehicles under the Nigerian Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP) of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. We deal in sale of trucks, spare parts and offer Aftersales services to various customers across the nation.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Control Officer
Job Location: Surulere, Lagos
- The Internal Control Officer will protect assets for our organisation, create internal control system, ensures compliance with internal procedures, and maintain knowledge of federal and local regulations
- Internal control officer will be responsible to increase the operational efficiency of organizations, detecting and eliminating fraud and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations.
- Support the department in ensuring a strong internal control and compliance environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring implementation and monitoring.
- The position will work to foster standardization and consistency across the business processes, internal control and compliance in the organization
- Support to design, document, implement and carryout assessments and monitoring of the company’s internal activities
- Assist to formulate policies and procedures to improve internal control system of the Company
- Support to administer training to ensure that all workers have an intricate understanding of all internal control guidelines and standards.
- Conduct regular audits to verify whether departments follow established procedures.
- Support to provide an independent, objective assessment of risk and evaluation of the effectiveness of internal operating and financial controls within the Company
- Assist to establish formal operating and strategic planning processes for the company
- Ensure annual budgeting and periodic reporting systems are in place for all departments in a manner that allows the monitoring of progress against financial and operational performance targets and metrics
- Provide guidelines and limits for approval of expenditures
- Institute policies and procedures for the management of all financial risk
- Ensure that adequate insurance cover is taken to mitigate risks that can’t be covered by internal policies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or it's equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years cognate experience in Internal control/Audit
- ACA, ACCA and any other relevant professional qualification
- Strong experience and interest on how technology and systems can support and enhance internal control effectiveness and efficiency
- Proficient in the use of ERP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have a blend of superior analytical skills and a high level of attention to detail to perform duties effectively.
- Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills, as the person will often work with a range of documents, compiling internal control reports and preparing presentations for senior managers.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Administrative & Accounts Officer Job at Findrex Travels and Tours
- Internal Audit Officer Job at Transnational Zamiva Services
- Accountant Recruitment at Vesa Fisheries Limited
- Internal Auditor Job at Sunsteel Industries Limited
- Finance Manager Job at British American Tobacco
- Account Officer Job at Inguest Global Partners Limited
- Admin & Finance Officer Job at CTG Global
- Accountant Job at Sinbol Ltd
- Accountant Job at Virtual PALyn
- Junior Accountant Job at Health Emergency Initiative (HEI)