IT Assistant Job at American University of Nigeria
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
In collaboration with a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), the American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for:
Job Position: IT Assistant
Job Location: Gombe
Department: Atiku Center (AENEN)
Nature of Employment: Project Assignment
Duration: Three (3) Years
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola is implementing the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded "Addressing education in North East Nigeria"
- The project is intended to develop and strengthen the education system in Adamawa and Gombe States which will enable it to deliver access to high quality education options that respond to the needs of all children without burdening it with addition cost that will result if parallel systems are created.
- The project will work with state partners and national and international academic institutions to analyze and understand the situation, prepare strategies for various scenarios and test and apply the best fit purpose in each situation. In 3 years, the project will reach 200 schools, 5000 teachers and over 200,000 learners.
Summary of Position
- The IT Assistant position holder will cater to the IT needs and support for all project and state partner staff within the state.
- S/he will also provide technical support to education managers as they have their skills developed in other areas. The position holder reports to the Senior IT officer
- BSc/HND in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience in IT applications
- Experience working in a similar position
- Excellent ICT skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Good training skills.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Project.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- This position is a local position and is open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.
- Graphics Instructor Job at ForteSoft Systems Limited
- IT Product Analyst Job at The Concept Group
- Solutions Engineer Job at Pivotage Consulting
- Graphics Designer Job at Zercom Systems Nigeria Limited
- Graphic Designer Job at Prudential Estates Investors Network Limited
- Trainer - Software Applications/ Web Technologies
- Training Assistant
- IT Manager Job at A leading Hospital
- Head, IT Risk Job at Unified Payment Services Limited
- Service Recovery Analyst Job at Unified Payment Services Limited