IT Intern, NYSC at Baker Hughes Nigeria
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: IT Intern - NYSC
Ref No: 3135790
Job Location: Lagos
Job Function: Digital Technology
Business Segment: Oil & Gas Headquarters
- BHGE Nigeria is offering is an internship/co-op program designed to give fresh graduates challenging work assignments, developmental feedback, and exposure to leadership.
- The duration of our internship program spans a period of 6-12 months, and combines hands-on experience with formal performance feedback to help participants transition from a collegial environment to the workplace.
In this role, you will:
- Lead current and evolving initiatives and cross-functional projects related to technology and support; being adaptable to change
- Lead Premium end-user services/ L2 desk side support across the site, acting as an escalation point for service issues and managing 3rd-party service providers to ensure business needs are being met
- Focal point for customer interaction and support for all local IT services including client, LAN, wireless, AV, conference room, telepresence, mobile and physical connectivity
- Partner with DWSS and other IT teams on new technology introduction projects to ensure the campus is prepared to deploy and support the new solution
- Ensure all business policies and standards related to client services, IT security and compliance are being met
- Ability to partner and develop strong ties with teams within the DWSS organization to eliminate the silo approach and develop synergies to achieve the organization’s mission
- Anticipate, identify and resolve problems, applying knowledge in complex, difficult or stressful situations
- Ability to communicate technical information to audiences at all levels of the organization
- Leverage geographically diverse team of employees, consulting resources, and members of matrix organizations to accomplish goals
- Be available during off hours to handle urgent issues that may arise
- Fully own the support experience of all the technologies that the Senior Global Leaders use on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 5 years of experience with client (PC) technologies and support services
- Minimum 2 years of experience with client (PC) technologies and support services
- Minimum 2 years of experience desktop support
- Proven leadership and ability to adapt responsibilities based upon strategic business needs
- Programming skills is an added advantage
- Windows 7 and 10
- MAC OS
- Skype Meeting and Skype Broadcast
- Office 365.
- Experience in mission critical IT operations support environments
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization and external customers
- Experience working in a global organization.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to develop and follow procedures
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks, client relationships and expectations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Deputy IT Support Officer at The British High Commission
- IT Programme Manager
- Juan Industries Graduate Management Trainee Program 2018
- Chief Programme/System Analyst
- Marketing Intern
- Business Secretary
- Information Analysis Officer
- Graduate Trainee
- Graduate Finance Intern at Action Against Hunger
- Senior Systems Analyst at International Institute of Tropical Agriculture