Junior Accountant Job at Altara Credit Limited
"Altara Credit Limited (“Altara”) is a Nigerian consumer and business services venture. Our core value proposition is to improve the quality of life for the average Nigerian by driving financial inclusion. Altara is built on serving the underbanked and the otherwise financially excluded.
Our debut service is“buy now, pay later”where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners to purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay small amount overtime."
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Junior Accountant
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire a “Junior Accountant”
Further responsibilities include:
- Bookkeep, prepare, and record journal entries.
- Track income and expenses, and be able to prepare detailed revenue and expense reports when necessary.
- Complete monthly bank and revenue account reconciliations.
- Interface with managers and executives concerning questions and issues.
- Support external audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility.
- Daily reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist with monthly end Reconciliation of accounts (Purchases, sales, inventory, expenses, transfers, payments, deposits).
- Work to continuously improve accounting/finance procedures and internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited university
- 1 year+ of working for a consumer finance company, Microfinance Company, or a bank.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent written and facial interpersonal, communication, and persuasion skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Commitment to achieving performance goals.
- Familiarity and experience using accounting technology programs.
- Familiarity with tax accounting for finance companies in Nigeria, highly required.
- Great at time management, multitasking, and prioritizations skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com containing:
- Your resume (1-page max.)
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page)
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of a project you have completed in the past to support each point.
- Finance Officer Job at The Alex and Grace Izinyon Foundation
- Cashier Job at Rossland Screening Solutions
- Auditor Job at Eden Solution and Resources Ltd.
- Account Teacher Recruitment at Leads Legacy School
- Account Officer (Junior) Job at Talents and skills africa
- Accounts Officer Job at Mario Consulting Limited
- Financial Market Researcher Job at Transsnet Group
- Account Assistant Job at Menzon Nigeria Limited
- Finance Manager / Accountant Job at Karisfined Edge Solutions
- Accountant Job at Petrogap Oil and Gas Limited