Junior DevOps Engineer Job at Canonical Nigeria
Canonical - We deliver open source to the world faster, more securely, and more cost-effectively than any other company. We develop Ubuntu, the world’s most popular enterprise Linux from cloud to edge, together with a passionate global community of 200,000 contributors. Ubuntu means 'humanity to others. We chose it because it embodies the generosity at the heart of open source, the new normal for platforms and innovation. Together with a community of 200,000, we publish an operating system that runs from the tiny connected devices up to the world's biggest mainframes, the platform that everybody uses on the public cloud, and the workstation experience of the world's most productive developers. Secure and reliable, elegant and intuitive, and open for innovation - Ubuntu is the future of open source, which is why it's the fastest-growing Linux in the world despite already being the most widely deployed
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Junior DevOps Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
- This role is open to recent graduate software professionals as well as candidates with some professional product software engineering and site reliability experience who want to join a global community of like-minded engineers.
- Help us shape the future of open source IT, devops, and IS, from bare metal to containers. Our goal is to revolutionise open source application and infrastructure operations.
- We are on a mission to reshape the world of software operations, using Python for next-generation infrastructure-as-code and blazing a trail to model-driven operations. We want to enable companies to run very efficient bare metal operations for high performance computing, private cloud, data lakes and analytics. To achieve this we need to invent some new technology, and we need to build some new products. In support of that goal we hire software engineers who are passionate about quality, reliability and devops, to join our regional devops teams.
- This team is part of our fully managed infrastructure operations organisation. We run many private clouds and Kubernetes clusters for customers around the world, which enables us to improve our infra-as-code products based on our own real experience, mirroring that of our users and customers. We work in Python, creating open source operations capabilities that simplify these operations for anybody, worldwide, who is building on Ubuntu.
- This team is a true devops team - one of our global monitoring and network operations centres. Most of the work is pure Python software development where we expect a focus on quality, design, documentation, tests and performance. The team is responsible for remote monitoring, using open source products. The team also enhances packages of opscode, and Ubuntu itself, to ensure our platform is the easiest, most robust, and best performing way to drive your data centre.
- This role is ideal for junior software engineers who want to work in Python, have a passion for distributed systems, and an interest in the entire Linux stack - from kernel to networking to virtualization and containers.
- It is a role that requires rigour in both code and customer interactions. Our DevOps Engineers are technically astute open source enthusiasts who are excited about cloud computing and are ready to join a global team charged with delivering world class services to our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Work in Python to design and deliver open source software operations code
- Work across the entire Linux stack, from kernel, networking, storage, to applications
- Learn to think rigorously about application and infrastructure reliability
- Shape high quality open source monitoring and alerting infrastructure
- Simplify open source operations for our customers and open source community
- Demonstrate sound engineering design and testing principles in your code
- Follow agile software development practices
- Coach and develop your colleagues where you have insights
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Global travel up to 10% of time for internal and external events
Who you are:
- University Degree in Computer Science or related Software Engineering field
- Advanced level Python programming skills
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
- You are organized and want your team to deliver timely, high quality software
- You have a demonstrated drive for continual learning
- You understand the importance of reliable operations in a devops world
- You have sound knowledge of cloud computing concepts & technologies
- You have practical knowledge of Linux and networking
What you will learn:
- Devops and site reliability engineering
- OpenStack and Kubernetes in operation
- Wide range of open source applications and skills
- Work directly with customers in a range of different businesses
- Real-life and hands-on exposure to a wide range of emerging technologies and tools
- Learning and development
- Competitive salary
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel.
- Backend Developer Recruitment at AFTJ Digital Marketing
- Software Developer Recruitment at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- DevOps Engineer Job at Admoni
- Graphic Designer Job at Blackcopper (Techstars '22)
- Software Engineer Job at Eko Electricity Distribution Plc
- IT Intern Recruitment at Talenture Group
- Job Openings at Seven Star Consultants Limited
- PHP Developer Job at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Acronis International
- IT Systems and Network Administrator Job at BP Business Solutions