Librarian Job at Pivotage Consulting
Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a leading law firm is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring an experienced Librarian to join their Team.
Type: Full Time
Job Position: Librarian
Job Location: Lagos State, Nigeria.
Reports to: MD.
Providing the organization and users with professional research, reference and consultation services, ensuring efficient library operations and administration, and maintaining the library and its materials effectively.
• Establishing and implementing efficient firm’s library operation, policies and procedures.
• Developing, organizing and maintaining library collections to meet the demands of the firm and protection of the library’s resources.
• Assisting users in the location of specific material and information.
• Conducting in-depth research using both online and print resources and produce abstracts and reports using the research data collected.
• Cataloging, classifying all library resources and ensuring an accurate and current inventory of library materials.
• Responding to requests for information quickly and reliably by using all appropriate resources and develop and enforce cost-effective and reliable methods for the collection of information.
• Conducting bibliographic searches to support user and organizational information needs.
• Ensuring compliance with relevant laws and regulations including copyright in connection with use of library materials and resources.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
• Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
• Must be a good team player with Interpersonal skills.
• Must be confident, have a dynamic personality.
• Must have strong organizational skills and good multi-tasking skill.
• Must be adaptable and flexible
• Must have the ability to work without supervision.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Library Science or related degree.
• Must have a minimum of 3 - 5 plus years relevant experience.
• Must have in-depth knowledge of library policies, procedures and practices.
• Must have knowledge of bibliographic management tools and technology.
• Must have knowledge of principles and practices of library materials acquisition.
• Must have knowledge of proper research methodology.
• Must have experience with the use of online database services and virtual reference services.
• Must be proficient in standard office software applications.
• knowledge of conservation and preservation techniques for library materials.
• Must have experience in budget development and management.
Method of Application
• Using the role Librarian as the subject of your application, kindly send your CV only to email@example.com (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).
- Research & Data Analyst Recruitment at Officemakers International Limited
- Head of Research Job at Sankore Investments
- Research Analyst Job at Sankore Investments
- Head, Research & Product Development Job at Media Trust Limited
- REACH GIS Officer Job at ACTED
- Research Analyst Job at Kimberly Ryan Limited
- Research and Data Analyst Recruitment at Svelte Global Company
- Customer Relationship / Research Officer Job at Compovine Technologies Limited
- Research Consultant Job at Center for Civilians in Conflict
- Research Assistant Job at Lady Helen Child Health Foundation