Logistics Officer (Norad Project) Job at Tearfund Nigeria
Tearfund - We are a Christian organisation partnering with the local church wherever possible to see change in the lives of those in the greatest economic need. We believe poverty is caused by broken relationships with God, others, the environment and ourselves, and working to see those relationships restored is key to how we work. We want to see change that is economic, material, environmental and spiritual.
Tearfund in Nigeria is looking to recruit qualified and motivated person into the position advertised to implement its project, especially on its innovate project area of waste management funded by Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Logistics Officer (Norad Project) - Yola base & Immediate Resumption
Job Location: Yola, Nigeria. Seconded to Yola Renewal Foundation (YRF)
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: West Africa
Responsible to: Support Services Coordinator - Nigeria
Main Purpose of the Job
- The overall aim of the post is to assist in providing effective logistics and compliance support to the Tearfund’s Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation (Norad) funded project with YRF to enable the attainment of Tearfund strategic objectives.
Position in Organisation
- Employed by Tearfund Nigeria
- Grade 5
- Reports to the Tearfund Nigeria Support Services Coordinator
- Works closely with the partner Finance, HR and Logistics team to provide the coordinated support functions
- Where relevant, liaises closely with government (e.g. Customs) officials and other NGOs on logistics matters
Tearfund’s Christian Culture
- We believe that prayer and discernment is fundamental to Tearfund achieving its mission of restoring relationships, ending extreme poverty and transforming lives. As a Tearfund staff member you are expected to:
- Engage with Tearfund Prays and the Prayer hub
- Lead or participate in spiritual sessions of prayer and biblical reflection within your group
- Be committed to Tearfund’s Mission, Values and Beliefs statement and to be actively working and living in accordance with Tearfund’s Christian beliefs and theology of mission
- Maintain your own spiritual development, discover your gifts/callings and grow in discipleship
- The post holder will be expected to live out Tearfund’s values as they represent Tearfund externally
- S / he will be expected to fulfil their personal objectives set by their line manager, contribute to their team’s overall objectives, take responsibility for reviewing their ongoing personal development and maintain an awareness of Tearfund's strategy.
- S / he will be expected, along with all Tearfund staff, to share responsibility to promote and maintain a strong safeguarding culture, including identifying the key actions they should take given their role and responsibilities.
- The post-holder will be required to actively participate in the spiritual life of Tearfund in the following ways:
- To model godly leadership in all aspects of character and conduct.
- To lead or contribute in Christian worship, prayer, teaching and biblical reflections during collective staff prayer times and encourage staff to attend as is appropriate.
- To be committed to and share in the outworking of Tearfund’s Mission, Purpose, Values and Statement of Faith.
- To actively work and live in accordance with Tearfund’s Statement of Faith and Tearfund’s Christian ethos.
- To pursue and maintain a Christian faith through ongoing personal spiritual development and a relationship with God.
- To provide support and spiritual encouragement to staff and colleagues, in line with biblical principles.
- The post-holder will be expected to behave in accordance with Tearfund’s ‘Code of Conduct’ as referred to in the Personal Conduct Policy.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
Project / Support Function Management:
- Work with NORAD Project staff to ensure that the logistics needs of projects are identified and met to a high standard.
- Support YRF to ensure supplies are identified, procured and delivered on time to provide value for money, within Tearfund and donor procedures, and to the right specifications.
- Support to ensure the security of all stock and assets held within warehouses including adequate building infrastructure and maintenance, responsible manual handling, safe stacking, accurate and timely documentation, and appropriate trained and resourced staff.
- Support to ensure assets are tracked and disposed of within Tearfund procedures and according to donor requirements, assigning both assets and other inventory items to individuals.
- In conjunction with the WA and Nigeria Logistics Team, define vehicle fleet requirements and ensure vehicle usage plans, insurance, maintenance and servicing are established.
- Support to ensure a 24 / 7 telecommunications coverage with all sites through radio, satellite communications; maintaining the equipment and ensuring all relevant staff are adequately trained in their use for safe and effective communication; providing technical support as required.
- Support to ensure IT support coverage is provided for all sites within Tearfund policies, and ensure all staff are adequately trained to use the equipment provided.
- Support YRF in selection and maintenance of the office/accommodation infrastructure and associated utilities, ensuring safe and adequate living and working conditions.
- Support to ensure all new staff and those in the programme head office are briefed and appropriately trained on logistics equipment and procedures.
Corporate Policy and Compliance:
- Provide support to YRF for setting up, managing and overseeing all logistics systems (procurement, transport and fleet management, storage, communications, estate / buildings management, power supply, asset management, etc.)
- Responsible for compliance with the policies and procedures set out in Tearfund’s Programme Logistics Manual and other policy and procedure manuals that may be applicable to a specific activity or situation (e.g. Security, Finance, HR policies).
- Provide support to YRF to ensure compliance for health and safety within the logistics function including particularly ensuring safe vehicle fleet management and safe working/living environments for all staff. Also the health and safety of the logistics team specifically, ensuring policy and procedures are understood by staff, and any accidents are recorded and responded to appropriately. Also to ensure that all new staff are briefed and trained on proper use of equipment (e.g. radios) to ensure safety, enhance security and programme efficiency.
- Ensure all logistics systems and procedures comply with the host country’s and donor’s legal, contractual requirements including required operating licences.
- As delegated by Support Services Coordinator, represent Tearfund at the appropriate level, to local authorities (whether formal governmental or informal de facto authorities), securing the necessary approvals to operate (e.g. Customs, Radio licences).
- As delegated by the Country Director, Represent Tearfund at the appropriate level, to other NGOs, UN agencies, and visitors, ensuring coordination and constructive working relations and attendance at relevant inter-agency coordination meetings.
- Degree and / or equivalent qualification in a Business Administration, Financial Management, or Management related discipline
- Relevant post-graduate qualification
- Security training
- Management training
- Supply chain training
- Proven experience in Financial, Logistics and Administration.
- Experience in setting up logistics processes.
- Proven experience of procurement (tender document preparation, analysing tenders, forming contracts and negotiating arrangements)
- Awareness of donor compliance requirements
- IT and communications equipment troubleshooting
- Tracking, maintenance, and management of assets (radios, satellite phones, generators, IT)
- Experience in capacity building of staff.
- Security management skills and experience
- Buying experience in line with supply chain.
- Proposal development experience.
- Other technical logistics experience (communications, IT, warehousing)
- Health & Safety at work
- People management experience
Skills / Abilities
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate
- Communication (Email and phone)
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Negotiation and representation skills
- Ability to lead, participate and facilitate in collective staff prayer and bible studies
- Training and mentoring skills
- Project Management skills and experience
- Good Hausa Language skills
- Committed Christian with a personal relationship with God.
- Committed to regular Christian fellowship with other Christians.
- Christian motivation in relation to injustice and serving those in need.
- Emotionally & spiritually mature.
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross cultural issues.
- Commitment to accountability to beneficiaries and transparency, and showing dignity and respect.
- Flexibility, ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to travel and live in basic / restricted conditions.
- People developer and motivator
- This role requires a DBS / Police check
- Tearfund is a member of the SCHR Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
- Personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure
N7,530,984 - N8,843,052 annually.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should address and email their Application and 2-page Summary CV to the "Human Resources" via: email@example.com using the "Job title" as subject of the email.
- synapse services Recruitment for Dispatch Riders
- Dispatch Rider Job at SJX Logistics Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at Teclab Management Services Limited
- Dispatch Rider Job at Emetry Sizzle
- Recent Vacancies Wandel International (Nig) Ltd
- Security and Logistics Coordinator Job at Busy Minds Consults
- Ongoing Recruitment at Dominion Consulting Nigeria
- Logistics Officer Job at Kaiglo Stores Limited
- Fleet Operation Officer Job at GUO Transport Company Limited
- Patrol / Dispatch Rider Job at International Masters Security Systems Limited