Market Analytics Officer Recruitment at OPEC
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Market Analytics Officer
Job Location: Austria
- The Market Analytics Officer contributes in evaluating market risk by carrying out various risk and return analyses as well as managing Financial Operations Department (FOD) custodial operations, and supports FOD’s mandate in managing the Staff Retirement Fund (SRF), all in accordance with the institutional strategy and framework, in order to support the execution of efficient liquidity, asset liability and debt management operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the formulation of investment guidelines for Treasury portfolios and Staff Retirement Fund (SRF) and monitors implementation/compliance.
- Performs market research and analysis related to OPEC Fund’s Treasury portfolios and SRF and prepares reports thereof.
- Monitors various risk measures such as liquidity gaps, asset liability mismatches, interest rate exposure, and FX exposure and proposes mitigation measures.
- Analyzes Treasury portfolios performance, liquidity and credit quality; proposes market risk mitigation strategies; and monitors compliance with relevant OPEC Fund risk policies.
- Carries out liquidity analysis/modeling to inform debt management and cash flow planning decisions.
- Assists in carrying out of scenario analysis to capture the effects of different interest rate environments on the Fund’s assets and liabilities.
- Assists in carrying out stress tests to evaluate the resiliency of the Fund’s economic capital.
- Manage day-to-day custodial operations and ensure accurate investment accounting, performance reporting and fiscal agency.
- Provide assistance and cover for treasury banking operations as and when required.
- Analyzes OPEC Fund’s asset liability profile and coordinates with Risk Management to ensure compliance with the ALM policy.
- Assists in managing relationship with OPEC Fund’s investment consultant to enhance Treasury portfolios and SRF investment strategies and reporting.
- Assist in overseeing the OPEC Fund’s SRF mandate and evaluating manager performance.
- Coordinates with Risk Management in providing regular feeds of trading positions and reporting.
- Assists in preparing Pension Committee reports on SRF performance and attribution.
- Provides regular and ad-hoc analysis and reports to Management, the Board and the Audit and Risk Management Committee.
- Undertakes miscellaneous projects related to the Treasury portfolios, banking operations and SRF.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Director, Treasury that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience in an international financial institution.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related fields.
- Professional financial qualification is a plus (e.g. CFA, FRM).
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Proficient in financial concepts, particularly in the areas of fixed income, funding, and market risk.
- Good knowledge of performance measurement & reporting.
- Good understanding of treasury operations, cash management, custody operations and capital markets.
- Demonstrable quantitative and qualitative skills.
- Familiar with defined benefit pension schemes and IAS 19 reporting requirements.
- Familiar with SAP Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Social Media Assistant Recruitment at Questfield Consulting
- Business Development Manager Job at Arit of Africa Limited
- Corporate Communications & Business Development Officer Recruitment
- Digital Marketer Job at Lance Trend Limited
- Social Media Executive Job at Pruvia Integrated Limited
- Sales Representative Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- Salesperson Job at Arkounting Business Concepts Limited
- Marketing Officer Job at Givenbiz academy
- Business Development Officer Job at Bluesquad
- Business Officer Recruitment at Savana Smart Homes