Midwife at Intersos Humanitarian Organisation
INTERSOS, is an independent non-profit humanitarian organization committed to assist the victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Midwife
Job Location: Magumeri, Borno State - with travel to other activity sites
Reporting to: Clinical Supervisor
- Under the supervision of Clinical Supervisor, the Midwife is responsible for women and children health and performing the role of registered midwife
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC)
- Collaborate with the medical doctor and /or nurse in the management of Sexual Violence cases
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications.
- Guarantee a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Ensure patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- According protocols in place, conduct normal deliveries independently, manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, detecting possible anomalies/infections of the newborn and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions. Supervises the use of drugs, facilities and obstetric material, in order to ensure, in accordance with number of patients and prescriptions, a rational use as well as pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated, kept under appropriate conditions and above minimum safety point.
- Monitor signs of malnutrition among pregnant & lactating women (PLW) and children; providing counselling and advice to all patients on Women, Infant and Young Children best feeding practices (IYCF).
- Updating patients’ registration books and other related appointment information; Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, statistics, etc.),
- Preparing and facilitating regular health education sessions for patients at the health facility in coordination with the clinic staff
- Responsible for providing inputs and data for monthly SRH activities’ reports in timely manner and report any problematic situations and cases arising)
- Conduct data quality assessment in a weekly basis
- Participate and update progress in weekly technical meeting with SRH staffs
- Any other duties according to the needs
- Intersos do not charge any fee for recruitment and no money must be paid to any staff members for taking part in the recruitment process!
- No TA/DA will be provided for appearing into interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Digital Medical Officer (Volunteer) Recruitment at MedicBird Health Services Limited
- Director, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Recruitment at FHI 360
- Health Informatics Advisor Recruitment at RTI International
- Health Workforce Specialist Job at ICAP Nigeria
- Nurse Job at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- General Physician Job at Health Connect 24x7
- Hospital Manager Job at God's Covenant Hospital
- Healthcare Administrator Job at Medexia Limited
- Senior ME Manager Job at International Rescue Committee
- Laboratory Lead Job at ICAP Nigeria