Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor Job at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full time
- The MEL Advisor will oversee an initial Rapid Education and Risk Analysis and the setup of an ongoing system of rolling assessments of key contextual factors; will work directly with program leadership to implement an adaptive management approach for the program, based on rolling assessments; provide technical leadership in designing a system for program data collection; ensure high-quality, timely, valid and verifiable data collection and analysis; develop and implement a learning agenda to build the evidence base; oversee formative evaluation activities and inform stakeholders of lessons learned; and.
- The MEL Advisor will provide technical guidance by designing and implementing the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP).
- FHI 360 anticipates that the MEL Advisor will be based in Maiduguri, Borno state, with project-funded travel to Abuja as well as Yobe states. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project, and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Master's degree or higher in International Development, Social Sciences or related field with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods required;
- At least 5-7 years working experience including: Five (5) years prior experience leading monitoring and evaluation teams in large international programs; and Five (5) years prior experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in field-based positions.
- Three (3) years’ experience in developing countries, including in conflict-affected environments, and experience in West / Central Africa. Experience working in Nigeria is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Database management and knowledge management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to use monitoring and evaluation findings for adaptive management; experience with rolling assessments and / or complexity-aware monitoring a plus;
- Strong computer literacy required; knowledge of SPSS and/or Stata a plus;
- Familiarity with issues related to education in crisis and conflict-affected environments a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Fluency in English required. Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri or other local languages is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of United States Government rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting; experience with USAID a plus;
- Strong presentation and training facilitation skills required;
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the initial Rapid Education and Risk Analysis and the development of rolling assessments to gather and analyze data about critical events that may significantly affect project implementation, thereby building adaptability into project implementation.
- Lead development and implementation of the AMELP, including indicator selection and definition, target setting for all indicators, planning of all necessary data collection and analysis, and feedback loops for adaptive management.
- Ensure that findings from all monitoring, assessment and survey activities are fed back into the project and are disseminated to stakeholders and consortium partners for continuous program adjustments.
- Provide ongoing oversight and technical assistance to consortium partners in implementing the monitoring and evaluation system, ensuring data and analysis are of high quality.
- Provide high quality and timely submission of all required project reports, including documentation of success stories, analysis of data for indicator calculation, summary of qualitative findings, etc.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of end-of-project evaluations and surveys of the program’s M&E system.
- With program leadership, lead the development of a scenario-based implementation strategy and accompanying adaptive management plan.
- Oversee and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to collect, interpret and aggregate data that track tangible, measurable progress toward project results and the attainment of USAID/Nigeria’s objectives.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results; design appropriate feedback mechanisms to assess whether approaches implemented by the project are effective;
- Lead team of M&E officers and provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design, such as the monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law
- Recent Vacancies at Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB)
- Employment Opportunities at Holy Trinity Hospital
- Matron - Lead Nurse/ Midwife
- Medical Officer
- Ongoing Recruitment at Prestigious Consulting Group
- Greensprings School Recruitment for a School Nurse
- Pharmacist Job at Healthrak
- Public Health Analyst NYSC Recruitment at eHealth4everyone
- Medical Officer Job at Deda hospital
- Auxiliary Nurse Job at Eden Solution and Resources Ltd.