Numeracy Skill Trainer
Women for Women International (WfWI) - In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 429,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries, offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Numeracy Skill Trainer
Job Location: Toro LGA, Bauchi
Reports To: Economic Empowerment Officer
- The Numeracy Trainer will train women participants to reason and apply simple numerical concepts as well as the theoretical and practical skills of numeracy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To train Women for Women International program participants in Numeracy in compliance with the training schedule provided.
- Utilize the attendance sheet provided by WFWI-N for class attendance throughout the duration of the training.
- To abide with the training schedule and follow the regulations
- Not to engage in your own work prior to the training schedule
- Keeping time when attending the trainings and notifying WfWi-N representative early in case of absenteeism.
- Ensure a clean training/learning environment at all times.
- Engage the women with classwork activities for an extra hour to test their level of understanding and use observations to adjust teaching style
- Inspire seriousness in the participants regarding the training and program.
- Demonstrate practical aspects of the training, buttressing the technical and commercial content.
- Ensure participants’ compliance/application of knowledge gained; and track participants’ progress.
- Provide a written report at the end of training period before final payment.
- Other Duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- At least a Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience preferably with experience training and/or teaching adults.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently.
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels and address issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Ability to summarize information and effectively present information.
- Must be knowledgeable of business practices and capable of answering questions about the material and providing proper advice and guidance.
- Must be attuned to the particular situation and needs of the women in the program so as to give proper advice.
- Fluency in English and Hausa language is compulsory (reading, writing and speaking).
- Must reside within Toro Local Government Area of Bauchi State
Note: Only short listed applicants will be invited for interview. No telephone inquiries
- Student Success Advisor for International University
- Regional Manager at Bridge International Academies
- Marketing and Communications Lead (Social Media)
- Subject Teachers
- Ongoing Recruitment at Dorben Polytechnic, Abuja
- Senior Education Advisor at Creative Associates International
- Ongoing Staff Recruitment at Lagos State University Staff School
- Training Manager
- Training Executive at Mosra Enerji Limited
- CAD Instructor / Application Personnel at Costech Computers Limited