Operations Assistant Job at FAO-UN
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN) - An intergovernmental organization, FAO has 194 Member Nations, two associate members and one member organization, the European Union. Its employees come from various cultural backgrounds and are experts in the multiple fields of activity FAO engages in. FAO’s staff capacity allows it to support improved governance inter alia, generate, develop and adapt existing tools and guidelines and provide targeted governance support as a resource to country and regional level FAO offices. Headquartered in Rome, Italy, FAO is present in over 130 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Assistant
Job Location: Abuja
Job Type: Service Contract - NPP
Duration: 11 Months
General Description Of Task(S) And Objectives To Be Achieved
- Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Admin) and collaboration with other national and international consultants in the incumbent will perform following duties and responsibilities:
Logic and Administrative Support:
- Provide day to day logistic support as requested to ensure smooth operation of the project work; Assist in the preparation and organization of logistics and transportation for the visiting missions, meetings, training courses, workshops etc;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of all the project related documents;
- Provide support to arrange local official travel of all project staffs, and other relevant parties, which include transportation arrangement, hotel reservations, Travel Authorization, security clearances and other documents;
- Provide logistic and administrative support to conferences, workshops, etc.;
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate administrative records of all the and use these records as the basis for preparing quarterly and annual reports for submission to FAO.
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
- Maintenance and reporting of shadow budget to the supervisor;
- Examine and process a variety of payment/reimbursement! disbursement vouchers for various vendor payments;
- Prepared various payment requests by DV (Disbursement voucher) and ensure accuracy of coding in line with FAO regulation/chart of accounts with clear supporting documentation;
- Monitor the project budget utilization and level of expenditure;
- Operate and report on the petty cash expenses to support day-to-day operation activities;
- Review/check the relevant documents of all training, workshop & meeting related adjustments voucher;
- Process payment status against FAO’s commitments, i.e. Letter of Agreement (LoA), Contracts (M0U) etc..
- Assist in preparing procurement plan on a quarterly basis;
- Obtain quotations for purchases
- Maintain an effective data base on procurement components and liaise with the suppliers and contractors to ensure timely delivery of goods and services;
- Monitor and ensure payments against purchase orders and contracts upon satisfactory delivery of goods and services and provide purchase information to allow the recording of financial commitments and expenditures in the component budget;
Management of Assets, furniture and other office Stationary:
- Maintain Inventory records of the project and share in a periodic manner (i.e. quarterly or six monthly) with the country office
- Ensure that all the equipment procured under the projects are recorded in Inventory List of FAO system;
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor within the assigned area of responsibility.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Meeting deadlines;
- Conversant with the manuals in the field of general administration and logistic principles and procedures and practices is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task and to maintain good working relationships with people of different nationalities and from different cultural backgrounds.
- Secondary Education, Possession of a University Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a relevant field in addition to Secondary Education preferred.
- Communication skills to maintain good working relationships with people from different nationality and cultural background.
- Language: Proficiency in English as well as in mother language
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience in general project/office operational activities, and
- progressively responsible experience in operations works. Previous work experience with UN agencies would be an asset good computer skills and proficiency in English language is required.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately
Application Closes on...
29th December, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which should include detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) as well as copies of all academic and professional certificates.
Candidates applying for this position are further required to apply through the FAO iRecruitment system:
Click here to apply via iRecruitment System
Kindly complete the online "FAO Personal Profile Form" in iRecruitment which can be accessed from any Internet connection. Please scan the completed form and send the same along with your credentials ELECTRONICALLY via e-mail to: FAO-NG@fao.organd should be addressed to:
The FAO Representative in Nigeria,
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO-UN),
Abuja - Nigeria.
- Management Support Officer at Plan International Nigeria
- Office Cleaner/Assistant
- Office Administrator
- Senior Administrative Officer at International Rescue Committee
- Administrative Assistant at The European Commission
- Office Assistant
- Front Desk Officer/Receptionist
- Chief Operating Officer
- Head, Admin, Corporate Services and Logistics at KSBC/FRAP Consulting Consortium
- Chief Operating Officer at KSBC/FRAP Consulting Consortium