Operations Manager Job at Apata and Ascott Limited
Apata & Ascott Limited - We are a human resource consulting firm that is focused on delivering business value to organizations. We help organizations achieve their objectives by developing and executing strategies and policies that are aligned with business plans and a focus on best practices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Operations Manager
Job Location: Lagos
- We are recruiting to fill the role of an operation manager for one of our clients in the entertainment industry.
- The operation manager will support the head of operations in maximizing/optimizing profit and ensuring that targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Work with HOO to develop and implement the cinema and amusement park business plan, involving the cinema team, taking into account local, regional and national factors
- Maximise PROFIT within the cinema and amusement park
- Communicate to cinema team in a positive, professional manner all company initiatives to ensure employee engagement and successful implementation
- Pro-actively manage operational costs on a day to day basis through effective management of team and resource utilisation
- Maximise attendance through effective local marketing activities
- Continually monitor competitors and identify opportunities to maximise ATP (Average Ticket Price} performance
- Drive retail profitability by maximising RPH (Revenue Per Head), minimising shrinkage and wastage
- Monitor and continually improve the quality of the service delivered to the cinemas Guests
- Maintain the safety of Guests and employees by complying with company standards, Health, Safety and Environment legislation and meeting all other statutory requirements
- Champion, implement and sustain company initiatives, operations standards, company policies and procedures, ensuring that these are communicated effectively to all employees within the cinema
- Review management information/reports and seek opportunities for preventing loss, and to ensure the security of cash and company assets. To ensure a secure environment for Guests and employees at all times
- To identify capital expenditure opportunities to enhance cinema profitability and maintain operational service standards
- To ensure the highest standards of maintenance and cleanliness at all times.
- Maximise performance of all employees by leading, developing teamwork and through effective performance management
- To optimise resources by developing a comprehensive manpower and succession plan for the cinema
- Ability to summarise information and present with clear goals
- Planning ahead and vision for the future to maximise performance
- Liaise with Commercial Department on all cinema activities in relationship with local media groups such radio stations, TV, Nollywood, film distributors, cinema competitors to allow speedy growth for the company
- Produce and review SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats) analysis to be competitive and capitalise market share % against other competitors
- Review SWOT analysis and suggest ways to capitalise growth and maintain company image for guests.
- Manage with integrity of providing and maintaining exceptional guest service at all times in line with quality products choices expected by our guests.
- Review guests’ food product choice and suggest better choice of products for the guest to receive enjoyable experience to guarantee return visit for majority of guests.
- On weekly basis produce and ensure film time schedules are in line with peak times and constantly review annual calendar to capitalise extra revenue for schools, universities and public holidays
- Produce quarterly customer survey to understand behaviour and trends of all guests and produce analysis to identify guests service success and needs to maximise cinemas performance and profit
- Regular review stock levels to ensure there are no shortage of providing quality food and drinks for the guests
- Create Business Plan with set goals to achieve budget for all ‘Key Performance Indicators (KPI)’
- Seek advice and learn ways of company growth
- Receive and attend all training set by company
- Attend meetings set by company and suggest ways to improve current and future financial results
- Improve management team motivation and ensure the positive attitude is maintain all the time
- Identify employees training needs and prepare training schedule for all necessary training
- Keep receiving advice of employees matters before issues escalate to damage company image
- Receive advise form HR on how to get better knowledge of training for all employees
- Review HR training plan and implement training accordingly
- Train all managers when directed by HR
- Actively pursue ongoing personal and professional development self and operation’s staff.
- Carry out other duties which may be required to ensure the Cinemas maintains its effectiveness
- Perform any other duties as assigned by your Line Manager.
Experience & Qualifications
- University degree with at least 4 years’ experience within the retail and entertainment industry of which 2 years in the Cinema industry and a full range of skills in training needs analysis, design of effective development interventions, coaching staff development, and monitoring the effectiveness.
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Cinema Operations.
- 2+ years’ experience in managing or providing strategic support to cross-sector partnerships or other strategic external relationships
- 2 years’ experience in cross-cultural / international service preferred
- Proven experience in operations management – ability to understand and improve business processes
- Proven experience in managing budgets
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills including organizational capacity building
- Demonstrated success in undertaking and/or leading teams in primary research and analysis
- Computer literacy (MS Office suite – Word, Excel, Power Point, etc)
- Strong facilitation, presentation, and training skills; able to effectively communicate concepts and actions in a clear and persuasive manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal across a range of cultures and organizational levels
- Effective in motivating, supporting/nurturing, and development team members / and direct reports; and leads by example exhibiting integrity, humility and transparency
- Values diversity and people capacity building
- Clear, conceptual thinker who can convert concepts and ideas into operational terms.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the "Job Title" as subject of your mail.
- Project Manager / Engineer (MNO) Job at Phase3 Telecoms Limited
- Operation Officer Job at Morris Royal Limited
- Project Manager (SAFPAC) Job at Care International
- Project Assistant Job at PEC Events Limited
- Project Manager/Scrum Master Job at Growth in Value Alliance
- Project Assistant - Work in Progress Job at Oxfam
- Construction Project Manager
- IT Project Manager and Business Analyst
- Project Manager (FSL) Job at ZOA international
- Operations Manager Job at Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA')