Procurement Engineer Job at Oasis Africa Consulting Limited
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client, an independent Power Plant Construction Company is looking to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Engineer
Job Location: Jakande - Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full time
The Procurement Engineers will oversee cost- efficient and timely purchasing of technical goods and services for all site operations including concrete works, general construction, subcontractors and other non-construction technical procurement activities
- Prepares Purchase Orders / Sub-contract Agreement as per approved submittal and material service request sent by the site
- Completes the Purchase Order’s attachment, comparison sheet, and material files for Procurement Unit Head’s review
- Manages the efficient flow of purchase requests and action same
- Support in the prequalification of suppliers and subcontractors
- Coordinates with Finance to ensure appropriate credit facilities
- Communicates with potential suppliers.
- Evaluates whether suppliers are capable of consistently delivering products and services in a timely manner and within required quality standards
- Search for, identifies, and establishes contacts with new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support in periodic re-evaluation of suppliers and subcontractors
- Updates suppliers’ and subcontractors’ database.
- Maintains quality and price records for all purchased items
- Regular visits to sites and coordinates with the sites for procurement issues
- Works with Procurement Manager/Unit Head on selecting suppliers for prequalification.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Officer when material is returned to supplier
- Coordinates with Finance for the proper management of accounts receivables and payables.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (a MUST)
- Minimum 5 years’ procurement experience in a Construction/EPC environment
- Knowledge of FIDIC requirements.
- CIPS will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal, organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
Salary is competitive and in line with industry standards.
- Procurement Manager Job at Cedarcrest Hospitals
- Site Engineer Job at Bluesquad
- Growth in Value Alliance Recruitment for a Senior Software Engineer I
- Job Openings at Jotna Group
- Employment Opportunities at Thyaura Limited
- Ongoing Recruitment at Microsoft Corporation
- Latest Vacancies at TechAdvance
- Entry Level Engineering Program Recruitment at First Independent Power Ltd
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Assistant Engineer, Instrumentation
- Truck Electrician Job at Quanlee Overseas Warehouse