Product Manager Job at Semicolon
Semicolon - We are a social enterprise creating employment and economic opportunities by training software engineers and techpreneurs. Technology has the power to transform entire industries and the lives of everyday Nigerians. However, companies and entrepreneurs seeking to develop innovative solutions are faced with the same issue: they struggle to find employees with the skills required to design and develop their technology. Across industries, from finance to agriculture to education, companies are searching for Nigerians skilled in software engineering, design, and project management, and too often are not able to find what they need. We are addressing this gap and building a thriving technology sector in Nigeria by developing talent and fostering innovation
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Product Manager
Job Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract: Full-time, Physical.
- A technical product manager is a product manager who also has a technical background. He or she is able to provide product vision, create a roadmap, and bring a product to life. These product managers understand the company’s technology at a deep level, actively search for any issues or problems, fix them, and can interact with the product owners and development team to lead the strategy for the product.
- They are the glue between the business side and the technical side of an organization.
- Technical product managers are directly responsible for the success of a product. They make sure that the product is fulfilling all product offerings.
- They actively work with the engineering team to create and modify products to fulfill customer needs. Working with cross-functional teams, technical product managers play a role in the development, marketing, selling, and support of a product. Their input is usually from an engineering and design point of view.
- Uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Work with project management software.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Create and manage product maps.
- Execute and manage project vision.
- Ability to work well with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations and product team. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Understand, research, and follow technology trends in the industry whilst looking for gap(s).
- Able to assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Integrating usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements.
- Study competitors and conduct capability analysis regularly.
- Provide internal and customer training on how to use the product.
- Answer incoming questions about the product and its capabilities.
- Assess and address technical risks.
- Ideating, prioritizing, and coordinating the development of innovative products.
- Understand and analyze data pipelines, algorithms, and automated systems.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Defining and analyzing metrics that ensure the success of products.
- Use database queries to analyze performance indicators, evaluate experiments, etc.
- Define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Explore new ways of improving existing services and products
- Working with a team of talented engineers, designers, and other stakeholders to bring products to life
- Designing and implementing strategies to grow our user/customer base
- Provide product training and technical expertise
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, sales, and development teams
- Bachelor's degree or MSc. One in Computer Science, Engineering, Information technology or a related discipline could be of advantage.
- 5 years+ industry-standard Experience.
- Industry-standard experience in Total Product Maintenance (TPM), Scrum, technical PMS (Product Management Systems), and Agile systems.
- Industry-standard experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, Test Driven Development Strategies, and others.
- Skilled with user interface, product management, and business process
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- A demonstration of curiosity, love for learning, creativity, execution, and speed.
- An ability to visualize technology solutions that address user needs and market opportunities
- Readiness to face unpredictable situations and come up with the best solutions backed by data
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Adaptable and excellent learning agility
- User-centricity, data-driven, extraction, and analysis
- An eye for design and experimentation
- People skills and quick decision making
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate dedication to your craft and desire to work with people who inspire you on a daily basis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV preferably in PDF format to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Sales Executive / Marketer Job at Oxford international Group
- Digital Marketing Expert Job at Me cure Healthcare Limited
- Marketing and Brand Manager Job at Moyosola Olalekan
- Digital Marketer Job at SB TELECOMS LTD
- Sales and Marketing Executive Recruitment
- Marketing and Communication Executive Recruitment
- Sales & Marketing Executive Recruitment
- Personal Assistant / Marketer Job at Adebola Sobanjo Company Limited
- Sales Representative / Marketer Recruitment
- Market Sales Representative Job at SaroAfrica International Limited