Programme Assistant / Logistics Consultant Job at UN Women
UN Women - In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women's empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Programme Assistant / Logistics Consultant (3 Positions)
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Time left:8d 15h 48m
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: 4 Months
Expected Duration of Assignment: 4 Months
Duties and Responsibilities
Expected Deliverables: The consultant will provide support to the Coordination, WPE, and WPS project
- Provide programme support in accordance with the Coordination, WPS, and WPE programme of UN Women
- Participate and contribute to the units’ planning processes for Coordination, WPE, and WPS programme.
- Assist in the development of concept notes, agenda, and other products for Coordination, WPE, and WPS programme.
- Assist in the mobilization of participants and community members for programme activities.
Provide administrative and documentation support in accordance with the coordination, WPS, and WPE programme of UN Women:
- Undertake administrative activities in support of coordination, WPS, and WPE functions
- Take notes at meetings and filing of documentation.
- Prepare letters for programmes and meetings.
- Others as assigned
Support procurement processes for the coordination, WPS, and WPE programme of UN Women:
- Provide inputs to the preparation of procurement plans for programmes/projects;
- Prepare procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for office and project equipment, supplies, and services, as necessary;
Assist with Partners and Filed Management:
- Assist with field processes for maximum outcomes and result
- Maintain activities records and assets of the programme
- Provide input to inventory reports.
- Implement the inventory and physical verification control for the project;
- Arrange shipments and conference facilities.
Organize logistical services:
- Organize hotel and event arrangements for UN Women meetings/ functions, and engagements, ensure that all requirements are catered for as required with operation team guidance
- Support implementing partners and consultants for the project with procurement and logistic functions.
- Perform other administrative/programme tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Core Values:
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Leading by Example
- Knowledge of programme and project
- Knowledge of procurement processes, systems, administrative rules, and regulations;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to perform work of a confidential nature and handle a large volume of work;
- Knowledge in the use of spreadsheets and database packages;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good IT and web-based management skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Completion of secondary education required.
- A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Social / Management Sciences or a related field is an asset;
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in programme, logistics, administration, or related experience
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Management Systems (ERP) is an asset.
- Experience in supporting programme teams.
- Work experience with an International organization and working with other United Nations Common System is desirable.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- Logistics Sales Executive Job at OMOROY
- Job Openings at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Logistics / Welfare Lead Job at Del-York Agency
- Logistics & Supply Chain Manager Job at Nutri K Limited
- Import and Export Officer Job at Phillips Outsourcing Limited
- Logistics Manager Job at Fastest Cakes
- Field Support Supervisor
- Facility Management and Logistics Advisor Job at Palladium
- Fleet Officer Job at Catholic Relief Services
- Logistics Manager Job at Dispatch Healthcare International Logistics Limited