Project Control Leader (M/F) Job at SPIE Oil & Gas Services
SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Position: Project Control Leader (M/F)
Reference number: 2019-12586
Job Location: Lagos
Contract: Temporary work contract
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract duration: 1 Year Renewable
- Contracting Activities: To assist in the implementation the contracting strategy for the project in compliance with TOTAL E&P obligations and procedures (call for tender, commercial bid analysis, contract preparation, contract management and administration until close-out).
- Documentation & Reporting: To elaborate the specifications to be used by all contractors in order to transfer the final technical project documentation to Operations at project close-out; to implement, in collaboration with DCC Leader, the PRODOM data base, recommended by PJC; to prepare and issue monthly project reports, PJC half-year reports and PJC quarterly reports, ensuring appropriate content and quality of information.
- Scheduling: To elaborate the package Schedule/ planning and consolidate the overall progress through identification/follow-up of the critical path and analysis of main deviations incurred during the execution of the project; to review identified deviations and propose accurate measures or adapted corrections.
- Working Procedures: To define working procedures, with reference to the Project Execution Plan (PEP), to cover the coordination and control of project services duties.
- Cost Control: To supervise constantly, in close coordination with the Finance/Budget Leader, cost control activities, follow-up of budgetary stages and internal/external Project Annual Costs (initial, revised, closure); to implement and optimise constructive implication from concerned packages, alerting relevant managers if necessary.
- Assist the Package Managers at all project phases with reporting, meetings organisation and attendance with tenderers and/or local authorities, project schedule follow-up. Also ensuring of all project technical and contractual correspondences are duly answered.
- Monitoring at all stages of the project development the Nigerian content plan / requirements are well followed. Will be accountable for duly reporting of Nigerian content for the CC and SURF packages.
- Consolidate and advise Package Managers of any schedule & commercial issues arising from changes providing the justification through all disciplines of the change. Ensure complete documentation of all changes, and communication of these in compliance with the Total process and the processes agreed with Partners and regulatory authorities.
- The candidate will be graduated with an MSc in Engineering or Law; certified copy of diploma with grade shall be provided; ideally the candidate will be also a chartered Engineer (such as C.Eng MICE); his education will have been complemented by professional trainings during his past professional experience. Pending professional experience candidate with a Bachelors Degree (BSc.) in Engineering will be also given consideration for the position.
- The candidate will have minimum 10 years experience in the industry (although preferably with practice of Oil & Gas industry for offshore works) as contract/planning engineer with responsibilities including small team management; will also have knowledge of TOTAL and international contracting principles, practice codes / standards. Excellent English verbal and in written skills are requested.
- F-Engineering, manufacturing, construction
Minimum level of experience required:
- 10 years or more
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
- Head of Operations Job at Ascentech Services Limited
- Project Management Software Tutor Job at The Global Institute of Project Management (GIPM)
- Operations / Accounts Manager Recruitment at GBC Professional Services
- Lifting Specialist Job at SPIE Oil & Gas
- Interface Coordinator Job at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited
- Administrative and Operations Officer Recruitment at Management Systems International
- Fund Manager / Project Lead Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Project Director Job at ICAP Nigeria
- Programme Development Officer Job at COOPI - Cooperazione Internazionale
- Operations Team Lead Job at Alan & Grant