Project Engineer Intern
Karbak Ventures Limited - We are an Industrial Engineering firm and general contractors and have been providing top-notch customer service since 1998.In the intervening years, we have handled projects of high international standards and collaborated with experts from all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Engineer Intern
Job Location: Lagos
- The Project Engineer internship is designed to give students a realistic preview of a role as a Project Engineer in the construction industry.
- This position provides onsite administrative support to the project team consisting of the Project Manager, Superintendent and Project Engineer. The PE intern must be a flexible and adaptable team-player, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
- Initiate, prepare, review, track and distribute RFIs
- Receive, review, forward and track status of submittals
- Assist in management of project permit process
- Track and inspect material deliveries
- Assist in project close-out
- Communicate and enforce Karbak Safety and Health Management Program
- Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment through own actions and mentoring others
Job Skills & Abilities Guidelines:
- Knowledge of basic phases of construction projects
- Knowledge of mathematics functions (geometry, basic algebra)
- Computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, MS Project, etc)
- Ability to perform all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, clients, subcontractors and other third parties
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules and project budgets and to identify changes and discrepancies
- Ability to present information in a clear and understandable manner in both written and verbal form
- Ability to work with others in a team environment, exercising effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with all company policies, practices and standards of performance
- Recently graduated with a bachelors in Construction Management, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field or equivalent through experience
- The Intern reports to a direct manager within the department, with additional reporting to the Project and/or Operations Manager.
- Good knowledge and use of Microsoft office Suite.
- Good knowledge and use AutoCAD.`
- Good knowledge and use Microsoft Project would be an advantage.
Work Environment/Job Conditions
- This job may be performed in the office or on the jobsite and requires frequent sitting (often working on a computer), frequent walking, standing, bending, and reaching. Due to computer usage, there may be repetitive motions of the hands and wrists. He/she must be able to navigate the jobsite and must comply with all Company safety requirements in the office and on the jobsite.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification.
- They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.
- Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited Recruitment for a Senior Piping Engineer - Expat
- Electrical Engineer Job at SPIE Oil & Gas
- Chief Electrician Job at a reputable company
- Offshore Installation Manager Job at a reputable company
- Mechanic Job at a reputable company
- Maintenance Manager Job at a reputable company
- Building/Civil Engineer Recruitment at a reputable Construction company
- Process Maintenance Supervisor Job at Flour Mill of Nigeria Plc
- Electrical Engineer Job at a Cassava Processing Company
- Automobile/Mechanical Engineer Job at a reputable company