Project Manager Job at KNCV TUBERCULOSIS FOUNDATION
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is an international non-profit organization dedicated to the fight against tuberculosis (TB), still the deadliest infectious disease in the world. KNCV is an international center of expertise for TB control that promotes effective, efficient, innovative and sustainable TB control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals, including doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists. We aim to stop the spread of the worldwide epidemic of TB and to prevent the further spread of drug-resistant TB.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager for the BPAL Project (1.0 FTE)
Job Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
BPAL Project Background
- In December 2019 WHO endorsed the use of the novel BPaL regimen for MDR-TB patients with resistance to fluoroquinolones under operational research conditions.
- This 6-9 month regimen was trialled in the Nix-TB study by the TB Alliance for use in patients with XDR-TB or intolerance or failure of an MDR-TB treatment regimen with 89% favorable outcome (culture negative) after 6 months post-treatment follow-up. Due to the high rate of adverse events, the regimen may not yet be considered for programmatic use until more evidence on efficacy and safety has been generated.
- The BPaL demonstration pilot project in Nigeria is intended to generate this additional evidence and will ensure the human resource capacity and organization of care, the laboratory network, drug procurement, and supply management system and active drug safety monitoring and management (aDSM) are in place to ensure responsible use of this novel regimen and lay the basis for nationwide scale-up.
Purpose of the Position
- The BPAL Project Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the project including the overarching management responsibilities in the branch office such as governance, HR and security.
Place in the organization
- The BPAL Project Manager reports to the Grant Manager at KNCV’s Head Office in The Hague.
As Project Manager you will:
- Coordinate collaborative activities of key stakeholders in the piloting of the BPaL;
- Support the start-up and implementation of the BPaL project activities in the selected states;
- Monitor the BPaL Operational Research and ensure that the reporting requirements are fulfilled;
- Organize supportive supervisory and mentoring visits for STTA Consultants from KNCV HQ in collaboration with NTBLCP;
- Inventory requirements to set up a separate payroll and accounting system;
- Implement a planning and control cycle (including budget, periodic reporting, annual report).
- Ensure that people’s rights are protected and that the conduct of the operational research is in compliance with the approved protocol;
- Identify constraints in the identification of presumptive MDR-TB patients, sputum examinations, drug susceptibility testing, identification of eligible patients for the BPaL regimen, timely enrolment, pre-treatment assessment, treatment initiation, treatment monitoring, management of AEs, DOT services in the community, contacting of late patients, and treatment outcome assessment;
- Supervise data collection by the research assistant and verify that the reported data are complete, timely and accurate;
- Provide supportive supervision and ongoing mentoring for clinical staff and treatment supporters, through weekly site meetings;
- Organize monthly project meetings to assess the overall performance of the project with the participation of NTBLCP;
- Participate in quarterly research committee meeting, with NTBLCP, WHO/TDR and other study partners to review progress of all patients on treatment.
- Ensure proper execution of the KNCV Country Office manual and HRM manual;
- Implement (changes in) relevant policies and procedures in the Country Office as advised by KNCV HO;
- Is end responsible for in country KNCV security policy and ensures it is fully operational and adhered to;
- Has Country level signatory power on behalf of KNCV as determined in letter of authorization;
- Represent KNCV Branch Office externally with partners in country.
Coordination with Local NGO KNCV Nigeria:
Provide the link between the KNCV International (Branch office) and KNCV Nigeria through:
- Knowledge and experience sharing;
- Cooperation in applying for funds in Nigeria for the shared objective of reducing TB and associated infectious disease within Nigeria and worldwide.
- Identify opportunities for local resource mobilization and ensures required follow up;
- Contribute to international resource mobilization in close collaboration with HO;
- Lead and oversee in country proposal development activities including budget development, supported by financial staff;
- Medical Doctor with a Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or other relevant additional education or experience
- Demonstrated experience managing health project(s) (ideally in DR-TB) (at least five years);
- Excellent understanding of project planning processes;
- Experience in developing policies, strategies, (research) projects;
- Proven experience in and affinity with specific technical areas related to the project, i.e. digital health solutions;
- Experience in conducting training, capacity building;
- Proven experience with stakeholder involvement, managing stakeholder relations and strengthening partnerships;
- Demonstrated experience in cooperating with governments, lobby & advocacy;
- Experience with donor rules and regulations;
- Good understanding of Global Fund development and implementation
- Report writing skills, knowledge of M&E cycles;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Behavioral competencies and skills:
- A team leader who is results-oriented and can motivate staff;
- Able to delegate tasks;
- Able to communicate within the organization and the partnership network;
- Planning and organizing;
- Culturally sensitive.
What Do We Offer?
- A full time (40 hours) fixed-term contract for one year, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own HR Manual.
- Job Openings at Alister Greene Consulting
- Project Manager Job at Smooth promotions
- Project Manager (Electrical Engineering) Job at ABB
- Administrative & Account Officer - PORT HARCOURT ONLY
- ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - LAGOS ONLY
- Project Manager (Central) Job at Vertiv
- Job Openings at Terawork
- Project Manager Job at JNC International Limited
- Project Officer Job at De Tastee Group
- Project Manager (Hershey) Job at Save the Children