Project Officer (FSL) Job at ZOA international
ZOA are an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offer RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA want to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA work in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and have approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Project Officer (FSL)
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno State
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states
- ZOA currently have full team in Borno State; respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Officer is responsible to support the Project Manager in implementing the Cash Based Transfer (CBT) project under the FSL activities of ZOA. The project officer is based in Maiduguri but will conduct daily activities in rural Mafa, Mafa LGA.
- The Officer may be required to travel to Monguno to support other FSL activities when necessary.
- The position is 6 months fixed term renewable based on funding availability
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong understanding of the situation in each target community;
- Be ZOA’s first contact point for each community, including for any complaints or concerns raised by community and acting as liaison between communities and technical project staff;
- Support project manager to ensure that vulnerable groups within the communities are represented and heard;
- Liaising with key community stakeholders;
- Contribute in field research, needs assessments, evaluations etc, from time to time, as directed;
- Supervise Project Assistants. Develop weekly and monthly work plans with the team. Track the team’s ability to deliver on the plan and report back to the team each week.
- Assist in Project Manager with field activities including registration and selection of beneficiaries; conduct of community entry meetings and education of beneficiaries and local leaders about project processes;
- In collaboration with Project Assistants, support the distribution of cash in line with the Manual of Operations and other guidelines set by ZOA and ensure that the distribution is transparent.
- Coordinate closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation Team ensure smooth access to beneficiaries and vendors and cooperate with all monitoring systems and recommendation.
- When assigned, represent the organization and the program in relevant forums.
- Document lessons learned and human-interest stories of the project and ensure that they are uploaded in ZOA Manager
- Prepare work plans and reports (i.e., weekly plans, weekly reports, other field reports)
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ZOA and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relevant university degree;
- Proven working experience of at least 2 years in project implementation especially in the non-profit sector;
- Affinity with relief work and International NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Project cycle management (PCM);
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Excellent spoken and written command of Hausa and Kanuri;
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Analytical skills and accuracy
- Service oriented attitude and strict to organisations and local policies, enactment or laws.
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Community members, community leaders and community-based organizations;
- Relevant government authorities on a provincial/district and local level;
- National and international NGOs working in ZOA’s target areas;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project Manager, Project staff
- ZOA field office / country office staff
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Salary/conditions: ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Special working conditions:
- Willingness to travel to other field offices, visit and train local partners. Willingness to accepts additional job responsibilities especially in emergency relief situations as and when requested to carry out any necessary tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should forward their CV and Cover Letter as one file (pdf format preferred) to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of application.
- Trainee Operation Officer Job at Dayntee Farms Limited
- Project Coordinator Job at Owens and Xley Consults
- Project Manager Job at Credit Registry Services
- Social Media Project Manager Job at SMM NG
- Care International Recruitment for a Project Manager, VSLA
- Operations Manager Job at Winco Foam Industries Limited
- Job Recruitment at CoCreation Hub
- Customer Care & Project Manager Job at Phillips Outsourcing Services
- Project Management Officer Job at Polaris Digitech Limited
- Operations Assistant Job at Swift Consulting