Project Officer Job at The Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NCSDA)
The Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NCSDA) - Following the successes recorded in the first phase of Community and Social Development Project (CSDP 1) which was implemented in partnership with the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN), 26 States and FCT, between 2009 to 2014, the Federal Government of Nigeria sought and obtained Additional Financing from the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group to continue to support project implementation through Community and Social Development Project.
In order to further drive the process, vacant position in the Agency is to be filled. In this regard, the Nasarawa State Community and Social Development Agency (NCSDA) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from the public and private sectors for recruitment into the position below:
Job Position: Project Officer - Procurement
Job Location: Nasarawa
- The Project Development Objective is to increase access by the poor people, and particularly by the internally displaced and vulnerable people in the North East of Nigeria, to improved social and natural resource infrastructure services in a sustainable manner throughout Nigeria. This will be achieved through the provision of grant support to beneficiary communities based on their identified, prioritized Micro Projects (MPs) in the Community Development Plans (CDPs) which are to be implemented, maintained and utilized using Community Driven Development approach.
Duties of Project Officer, Procurement
- Be responsible for procurement at the SA including procurement planning, design, implementation, management and training;
- Be responsible for the preparation of bid documents (inclusive technical specifications) for the acquisition of goods/services;
- Serve as Secretary of all evaluation and selection of consultants and suppliers within agreed processes;
- Effectively manage all contracts and ensure that deliveries (quality/quantity/time) are in line with contract provisions;
- Ensure appropriate sanctions are applied on defaulting contractors;
- Provide training on procurement and community contracting to Operations Officers,
- Provide assistance to financial officers on contractual disbursement;
- Ensure that CPMCs adhere to procurement procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare and submit procurement status reports on a quarterly basis as part of financial monitoring report;
- Prepare evaluation reports for all evaluation of goods and services;
- Maintain comprehensive procurement unit cost database to be used in preparing a Project Cost Document and provide up to date information on all procurement at the SA;
- Ensure that procurement plans are implemented as scheduled;
- Provide training to the communities on community contracting.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the General Manager.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- At least a First degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Architecture, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply or related field , with at least 5 years post qualification experience part of which must relate to procurement in a foreign funded agency or state government due process office.
- Computer literacy is compulsory and experience in community contracting is an added advantage.
Position attract remuneration commensurate with the mode of entry and in accordance with agreed terms with the World Bank.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit eight (8) copies of hand written Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae alongside Photocopies of relevant Credentials sealed and should be addressed and delivered to:
Permanent Secretary, General Admin,
Office of the Secretary to the State Government,
Lafia, Nasarawa State.
Note: The Agency is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to
- Wash Officer Partner Job at Norwegian Church Aid
- Community Manager Job at Work City
- Programs Manager Job at Technology for Social Change and Development Initiative
- Project Associate Job at Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD)
- Research and Operations Manager Job at Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD)
- Procurement Supervisor Job at Frigoglass Industries Nigeria Limited
- Project Officer Job at Society for Family Health (SFH)
- Senior Education and Child Protection Manager Job at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Job at Mercy Corps
- Production / Project Manager Job at Don Quester Consulting