Protocol Assistant Job at ECOWAS, Abuja
ECOWAS Parliament was established by the ECOWAS Revised Treaty of 1993 as one of the Institutions of the Community. The Parliament is the Assembly of the peoples of the Community. The Administrative Secretariat of the Parliament is headed by a Secretary-General, and consists of two Directorates: the Directorate of Administration and Finance, and the Directorate of Parliamentary Affairs and Research. A number of job vacancies exist at the ECOWAS Parliament for which applications are hereby invited. Application is on-line, and application forms as well as guidelines for application are all available on the websites.
INSTITUTION : ECOWAS PARLIAMENT
DIRECTORATE : ADMINISTRATION & FINANCE
POSITION TITLE : PROTOCOL ASSISTANT
GRADE/STEP : G4-1
DURATION : ONE YEAR CONTRACT
DUTY STATION : LAGOS OFFICE
SUPERVISOR : CHIEF PROTOCOL OFFICER
SUPERVISING : NIL
OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To assist in delivering Protocol services within the Parliament.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Chief Protocol Officer, the Protocol Assistant performs the following functions:
Assists in making travel arrangements for Members of Parliament and staff members, including arrangements for visas and tickets.
Assists in receiving Members of Parliament, guests and staff members on arrival or in transit at the airport, including arranging for transport to pick them up and making hotel arrangements where necessary.
Assists in processing applications for Laissez-passers/Passports for Members of Parliament, staff members and their dependants.
Assists internationally-recruited staff members in applying for residence permits from the Immigration Service.
Assists in establishing contact with diplomatic missions, government ministries and offices where necessary.
Assists in making arrangements for events such as receptions, dinners, award ceremonies.
Assists in delivering documents and other information to participants of meetings at their hotels.
Accompanies and assists Members of Parliament and guests of the Parliament in accessing medical services and recreational and cultural facilities such as restaurants, markets, tourist facilities.
A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma.
Five (5) years working experience.
The position is on Grade G4-1 with an Annual Salary of UA9,894, equivalent to US$15,611.
Only citizens of ecowas Member States are eligible for appointment in ecowas Institutions and Agencies. General Service positions are open to only candidates resident in the host country of the Institution. In the case of permanent positions, only candidates whose age is less than fifty (50) years at the time of appointment are eligible for consideration.
Method of Application
Candidates wishing to be considered for the post should download (JOB APPLICATION FORM), fill it and send it as an attachment to the following email address: email@example.com with their CVs.
Job Application Deadline: 22 June 2017.
- Ongoing Recruitment for Front Desk / Admin Officer at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
- Front Desk / Customer Relationship Officer Recruitment at Wavesat Telecommunications Limited
- Office Assistants / Messager Recruitment at The Nigeria Cassava Growers Association (NCGA)
- Experienced Office Secretary / Administrator Recruitment at The Nigeria Cassava Growers Association (NCGA)
- Personal Assistant / Administrative Executive Recruitment at Abuja Clinics
- Administrative Manager Job at Abuja Clinics
- Executive Assistant to CEO at EKO Criterion Consultancy Services
- Receptionist / Front Desk Officer Recruitment at Royal Hospital
- Admin / Procurement Officer Recruitment at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
- Office Assistant Job at Management Sciences for Health (MSH)