Quantity Surveyor (Intern) Recruitment at A reputable conglomerate
We are a conglomerate of duly registered companies in Nigeria operating in different sectors of the economy with a unique range of product and service offerings. With a corporate existence attributable to the growth of our pioneer subsidiary Jamub Global Services Limited, established in 2007, we have continually evolved as a viable brand in keeping with our business expansion and diversification goals. We are driven by the passion to proffer solutions and exceedingly satisfy the dynamic needs of customers. Consequently, our operating policy is predicated on excellence with emphasis on no-compromise-on-quality-stance.
We are recruiting a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Position: Quantity Surveyor (Intern)
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
- We are looking to hire Fresh Graduate for Supervised Internship Program.
- Candidate will be responsible to minimise the cost and risk of a construction project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required legal standards and quality. This includes ensuring statutory building regulations are met, preparing estimates and costs of the work and when the project is in progress, and keeping track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability.
- Working either for the client or the contractor, in an office or on site, candidate will be involved in every stage of a project. Projects include commercial, industrial, and residential constructions.
Essential Job Requirements
- Minimum of a first Degree in relevant field or discipline. Previous work experience is not necessary but may be advantageous.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships.
- Numerical and data analysis skills
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- IT skills and the ability to learn sophisticated design and costing IT packages
- Teamwork skills and the ability to motivate and lead those on site
- Project management skills
- Resilience, determination, and the ability to work well under pressure
- Good commercial awareness
- A practical, logical, and methodical approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Detailed knowledge of past and current building and construction technology, processes, materials, business, and legal matters.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in establishing a client's requirements and undertake feasibility studies to ensure their proposals will work
- Assist in preparing and analyzing project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour, and time
- Assist in preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and / or the client
- Assist in negotiating contracts and work schedules
- Assist in allocating work to subcontractors and oversee their work at all stages of the construction
- Assist in performing risk, value management and cost control during construction
- Assist in undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work
- Advise on a procurement strategy
- Assist in Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks
- Provide advice on contractual claims and disputes
- Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
- Value completed work, oversee bills, and arrange payments
- Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as attachement to: email@example.com with "Application for Position of Quantity Surveyor (Intern)" as subject of the email.
Note: Kindly ensure that your CV is saved with your full name.
- Brand Strategist Job at GDM Group
- Quality Specialist Job at Henkel
- Quality Project Specialist Job at Henkel
- Research Assistant Job at KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
- Project Planner / Analyst Job at Alpha Mead Group
- Quality Control Officer Job at International Polyworks Company Limited
- Research Analyst Job at Asset and Equity Group
- DIGITAL MARKETER/SALES EXECUTIVE
- Quantity Surveyor Job at Enroyale Global Services Limited
- Quality Assurance Job at Zola Electric