Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Marie Stopes International ia a Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION's goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 40 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Research, Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Locations: Abuja, Kano, Gombe, Enugu, Benin & Lagos
Duration of contract: 18 months
Probationary period: 6 months
Support the Implementation of MSION Management Information System:
- Support the collation of monthly service statistics for all service delivery points
- Conduct monthly validation of service data for all reporting facilities in the database against the source document at the state level
- Conduct quarterly RME technical supportive visits to facilities to mentor facility record officers on use of routine data collection tools and to verify data submitted to the state offices.
Participate in Research Activities:
- Assist in conducting research activities including the preparation and implementation of annual evaluations and special studies (e.g. baseline, impact evaluation, mid-term reviews). These may include to:
- Assist with drafting data collection tools
- Data collection, collation, and entry
- Training and supervision of data collection process
- Monitoring pilot studies, surveys,
- Data collation, entry, basic analysis, reporting and dissemination
- Collate regional factsheet data
- Collate regional success stories
- Work with RME team to develop reports, collate, and disseminate success stories and lessons learnt in Open-door, to internally and externally when appropriate
- Plan on-going day-to-day research activity within the framework of agreed monthly deliverables.
Support monitoring and evaluation activities:
- Ensure RME Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines are used at the state offices and facilities and inputs for updated when necessary are submitted to the support office
- Track and report project specific indicators monthly and reporting same to inform programmes, ensuring targets are met, flagging and explaining indicators that are off track
- Prepare monthly regional factsheets for specific project indicators
- Work with RME Team to prepare quarterly/annually reports on required key indicators.
- Identify bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks.
- In collaboration with RME team identify and document achievements and accomplishments of project indicators against set performance targets.
- Minimum of B.Sc degree in the Social Sciences, Epidemiology, Evaluation, Development or in a field related
- Minimum 2 years’ experience conducting/participating in research, monitoring and evaluation of reproductive health programmes in Nigeria.
- Minimum of 2 years conducting data quality assessments.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of conducting primary qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience with management of different sources of data and multiple indicators with proven ability to interpret verbal, written and numerical data
- Experience of data collation, entry, processing and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data sets
- Willingness and ability to undertake regular visits to facilities and support data reporting and documentation
- Must have excellent communication/interactive skills and must function well independently, as well as part of a team
- Experience with public and private health sectors in Nigeria
- Experience working on USAID, DFID and Gates funded programmes is an added advantage
- Must be familiar with working in rural areas with focus on participatory processes.
- Good analytical skills
- Proficiency in MS Office particularly in DHIS2, SPSS/STATA/SAS, Epdata, and Ms Excel (Essential), MS Projects and ATLAS Ti/Nvivo, ArcGIS (desirable)
- Excellent technical report writing skills with evidence of publishing in revered journals (desirable)
- Excellent oral presentation skills including abstract presentations at conferences and to stakeholders (desirable)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships across teams and organisations.
- Team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced professional environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to email
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant's full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Administrator - Social Work Job at Crystal Oilfield Services Limited
- Research & Policy Analyst Recruitment at Nextier Capital Limited
- Administrative Manager Job at Achyutam International
- Secretary Job at Aymie Staffing Solutions
- HR / Admin Officer Job at a reputable company
- Legal Secretary / PA to the MD at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Secretary Job at Aymie Staffing Solutions
- Administrative Manager Job at Crystal Oilfield Services Limited
- Administrative Service Manager Job at Totality Work Ventures
- HAM & Admin Officer Recruitment at Nigerian Sino Trucks Limited